EPG123 Bug Reports

An evolving, supported alternative to Rovi
Forum rules
★ Download the latest EPG123 here: http://epg123.garyan2.net <> Setup guide here: http://epg123.garyan2.net/downloads/epg123_Guide.pdf
kkingsto

HTPC Specs: Show details

Re: EPG123 Bug Reports

Post by kkingsto » Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:29 pm

Big issue with Win10 is with DRM and WMC is the only game in town.

JRD

Post by JRD » Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:56 pm

JRD wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 5:23 pm
I am not able to add an XBOX360 extender. I have three previous extenders working, tried to add one extender today, but it fails to add extender (per below). I also tried with an other XBOX360 extender (spare), same issue. No idea why this is a failing (permissions?), all are wired LAN connection. Please consider if this could be issue and advise. Thank You.
HTPC Host PC:
-----------------
WMC 8.1 Pro with Schedules Direct and epg123_v1.6.0.6 - which works fine with host HTPC and three extenders previously working.
The actions are add extender, put in extender code, then wait... and eventual error.
The WMC Extender Setup screen "Configuring Your Extender and Computer" message is "Please wait while the following tasks are completed." and completes "Configuring computer settings" and "Searching for your Extender", but spins on "Configuring your Extender" before switching to WMC Extender Setup screen "Configuration Error" > "An error was encountered while configuring your computer for use with this Extender."
Extender:
-----------
Ends up stuck at black screen displaying "Windows Media Center contacting..." with bubbles at bottom continuing to sequence to no end.
UPDATE (RESOLVED) - Issue was not EPG123. Root cause unknown. Actions taken (possibly unrelated, though) - Rebooted Ceton InfiniTV ETH 6 devices using reboot command from web interface log page; Next day started up XBOX and started process for new connection for WMC obtaining 8 digit code; Started another XBOX which was already working with WMC system; Logged on HTPC with WMC started WMC and went to Tasks for Extender; WMC reflected XBOX that need to be configured so selected it and configured entering 8 digit code and WMC progressed smoothly with configuration setup through to success. Not sure what issue was before, but all is working fine now.

JRD

Post by JRD » Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:58 pm

garyan2 wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:41 pm
I don't see a way epg123 could affect connecting extenders. EPG123 is really just for your TV Guide, whereas the extender stuff is your OS RDP and WMC itself. I don't use extenders but I've seen some conversations on TGB talking about the 360's needing an update in order to connect... or maybe the other way around with an update preventing connection. Someone else will need to chime in.
UPDATE (RESOLVED) - Issue was not EPG123. Root cause unknown. Actions taken (possibly unrelated, though) - Rebooted Ceton InfiniTV ETH 6 devices using reboot command from web interface log page; Next day started up XBOX and started process for new connection for WMC obtaining 8 digit code; Started another XBOX which was already working with WMC system; Logged on HTPC with WMC started WMC and went to Tasks for Extender; WMC reflected XBOX that need to be configured so selected it and configured entering 8 digit code and WMC progressed smoothly with configuration setup through to success. Not sure what issue was before, but all is working fine now.