Remote Potato Addin (Version 2.1.3)

jerryt

HTPC Specs: Show details

Re: Remote Potato Addin

Post by jerryt » Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:55 pm

sccrgoalie1 wrote:
jerryt wrote:
sccrgoalie1 wrote:The up/down arrow override only works when watching live tv....at least for now
I was in Live TV
X86 or X64? Please post the backgroundlog found in the C:\ProgramData\SharedGuideServer folder.
X64 and there is no log by that name...

This is my xml edit;
</onscreenkeyboardenabled>
<loggingtype>1</loggingtype>
<wolpacket>0</wolpacket>
<enhancedguide>1</enhancedguide>
<overridenativeguide>1</overridenativeguide>
</Root>

bobbob

Post by bobbob » Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:17 am

bobbob wrote:
jerryt wrote:
bobbob wrote:but if you have networked tuners through the dvblogic application i thought this already shared the guide. or is the problem that with the dvblogic solution you don't get an epg? i'm just trying to sort this out in my head because i'm planning to go to networked tuners when we move this year.
DVBlogic exports the server channel list to each client. 100% solid setup.

But recordings set up on the client record on the client (even through the server tunes it and streams it)
I am wanting to be able to schedule the recordings to take place on the server (host), even when the client is off.
i see, i was always under the impression that the recordings took place on the server regardless of where they were scheduled from but now reading through the docs i realise you're right.
actually, one more question to clarify and then i'm done interrupting the thread. so, jerryt, on your local PC you have two epg's, one for local live tv and the second for remote recording through Shared Guide?

jerryt

Post by jerryt » Sun Apr 08, 2012 2:04 pm

bobbob wrote:so, jerryt, on your local PC you have two epg's, one for local live tv and the second for remote recording through Shared Guide?
Clarification...

I have two guides, the normal WMC guide which will set recordings on the local (client) computer and a second "Shared Guide" which sets recordings on the host (server) computer.

Both guides play Live TV. I have 6 HDhomerun network ATSC tuners and two satellite STB's recording into the host computer thru two HDPVR's with DVBlogic v3.2 software. Dvblogic software make the STB's act like network tuners, but all the recordings and live TV go thru the host computer.

jerryt

Post by jerryt » Sun Apr 08, 2012 2:24 pm

jerryt wrote:X64 and there is no log by that name...
Deleted C:\ProgramData\SharedGuideServer folder first

uninstalled and reinstalled 2.02

xml line <overridenativeguide>0</overridenativeguide> was now in the xml file, I did not have to add the line.
edited line to <overridenativeguide>1</overridenativeguide>

Started WMC, login settings were lost. Added back log in settings.
Started Live TV in Shared Guide press up or dn arrows and Shared Guide appears as an overlay to Live TV

AWESOME, this software is super. Thank you very much.

bobbob

Post by bobbob » Sun Apr 08, 2012 5:26 pm

jerryt wrote:
bobbob wrote:so, jerryt, on your local PC you have two epg's, one for local live tv and the second for remote recording through Shared Guide?
Clarification...

I have two guides, the normal WMC guide which will set recordings on the local (client) computer and a second "Shared Guide" which sets recordings on the host (server) computer.

Both guides play Live TV. I have 6 HDhomerun network ATSC tuners and two satellite STB's recording into the host computer thru two HDPVR's with DVBlogic v3.2 software. Dvblogic software make the STB's act like network tuners, but all the recordings and live TV go thru the host computer.
ahh, so the shared guide acts like the WMC guide and brings up live tv IF there is a local client tuner.

jerryt

Post by jerryt » Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:40 pm

I am getting a lot of MC crashes with 2.02, going back to 2.01 it is solid, no crashes...

sccrgoalie1

Post by sccrgoalie1 » Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:38 pm

jerryt wrote:I am getting a lot of MC crashes with 2.02, going back to 2.01 it is solid, no crashes...
yeah, there seems to be a bug in the background addin. It will be a couple of weeks before I can take a look.

jerryt

Post by jerryt » Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:08 pm

sccrgoalie1 wrote:It will be a couple of weeks before I can take a look.
No problem, thanks

sccrgoalie1

Post by sccrgoalie1 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:53 pm

Version 2.0.4 released

-Fixes bug in background addin that would cause it to crash
-Fixes bug in services for enhanced guide that let it look to far into the future for guide listings

wally007

Post by wally007 » Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:38 am

Hi,

Thanks for the plug in but unfortunately both 2.01 and 2.04 ( found at source address posted on the first page ) are crashing for me. I can sign on , and even see my guide but everytime I scroll the guide past 2am ( on some channels past 4 or 6am ) I get Invalid Application Error asking me to close the Shared Guide Potato application.

I've tried 2 versions of Remote Potato Server that are on fattitude web site with the same results.

Is there anything I can provide to see why its crashing all the time ?

sccrgoalie1

Post by sccrgoalie1 » Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:56 pm

wally007 wrote:Hi,

Thanks for the plug in but unfortunately both 2.01 and 2.04 ( found at source address posted on the first page ) are crashing for me. I can sign on , and even see my guide but everytime I scroll the guide past 2am ( on some channels past 4 or 6am ) I get Invalid Application Error asking me to close the Shared Guide Potato application.

I've tried 2 versions of Remote Potato Server that are on fattitude web site with the same results.

Is there anything I can provide to see why its crashing all the time ?
It's likely that your guide contains some kinda of goofy listing that I haven't handled properly. We have two steps to troubleshoot this.

1. Provide me with the log found in the C:\ProgramData\SharedGuideServer folder named GuidePageLog.log
2. If that doesn't contain any valuable information I would ask that you PM me the connection details so I can directly connect to your guide to fix the bug.

wally007

Post by wally007 » Sat Aug 25, 2012 3:40 pm

Hi,

Thanks. I will provide you with the login details tonight when I get home.

Thank you very much.

Btw, my Guide is provided by DVBLink Digiguide UK plugin. ( Only decent source of EPG for UK )

wally007

Post by wally007 » Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:38 pm

PM sent.
Thanks alot

JazJon

Post by JazJon » Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:59 am

Since the original Remote Potato developer gave up and made everything open source, I haven't see much activity on it. I haven't even bothered to re-install it on my new HTPC build.

It looks like our best bet is the upcoming Ceton Companion App
http://www.thegreenbutton.tv/forums/viewforum.php?f=63

The Beta test demo videos are promising. I think it will go above and beyond what Remote Potato did at some point. We'll see.

sccrgoalie1

Post by sccrgoalie1 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:15 pm

Version 2.0.5 released

-Fixes for bugs related to missing guide listings (especially important for listings outside of the US)

mdavej

Post by mdavej » Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:51 pm

sccrgoalie1 wrote:Version 2.0.5 released

-Fixes for bugs related to missing guide listings (especially important for listings outside of the US)
Remote Potato hasn't been updated in a year. And Ceton is still at 1.2.something. Where did 2.0.5 come from?

sccrgoalie1

Post by sccrgoalie1 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:52 pm

mdavej wrote:
sccrgoalie1 wrote:Version 2.0.5 released

Remote Potato hasn't been updated in a year. And Ceton is still at 1.2.something. Where did 2.0.5 come from?
I think you're confused about what this is. It is a media center add-in for remote potato. Not remote potato itself. Hope that helps.

mdavej

Post by mdavej » Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:53 pm

Doh! Sorry. Thanks for clearing that up. :oops:

nadforever

Post by nadforever » Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:42 am

i have the newest updated version if i go into the guide and type in the channel i wanna jump to, after that any OK or enter signal i send to the guide does nothing. i have to physically hold down the DOWN arrow till i get to the channel i am looking for so i can either push enter to tune to that channel or to setup a record for that show.....

and i am trying to figure out what the channel changer ADDIN is really supposed to do for u... i get that i changes the channel on the server PC but why would u need to do that?

sccrgoalie1

Post by sccrgoalie1 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:41 pm

nadforever wrote:i have the newest updated version if i go into the guide and type in the channel i wanna jump to, after that any OK or enter signal i send to the guide does nothing. i have to physically hold down the DOWN arrow till i get to the channel i am looking for so i can either push enter to tune to that channel or to setup a record for that show.....

and i am trying to figure out what the channel changer ADDIN is really supposed to do for u... i get that i changes the channel on the server PC but why would u need to do that?
Try just entering the channel number and waiting. Don't hit enter or OK.

The channel changer addin was a special request from someone that I thought I would share with everyone. Basically it allows you to change channels from a guide on your laptop, for example, on the server. This was created prior to the Ceton Companion release, but I would use those apps for this purpose now.