Is there a Windows PC App to access my Server on the network

Discuss My Media Center for Windows 8, Windows RT, iOS, Android, and WP, and ask Ceton for support.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. There is no official support mechanism for My Media Center.
markolarko

HTPC Specs: Show details

Is there a Windows PC App to access my Server on the network

Post by markolarko » Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:45 am

I am new to this and cant find an answer.

I have 4 W8.1 Pro WMC machines. I have set up the server and just wonder if it is possible to 'access' the server from another network PC using Ceton My Media Center?

Also can someone update me on the long term 'update plan' for this software. I get the feeling that Ceton have mothballed it - or am I wrong?

Crash2009

Post by Crash2009 » Thu Dec 04, 2014 7:00 pm

Could you elaborate a little?

What do you want this app to do after it connects to your server?

Here is what MMC can do for you.....http://cetoncorp.com/blog/welcome-to-my-media-center/ Watch the video.

markolarko

Post by markolarko » Fri Dec 05, 2014 10:29 am

Hi there Crash2009

You hit the nail on the head. I never found this entry point on their web site and it explains everythiung so clearly.

Yip what I wanted to do is access my server from any of my pcs or laptops or tablets within the house. We are a Windows Media Center Household and while I have tried XBMC I prefer the freedom that flying a PC gives me - I guess it is what you are used to.

This software looks like the real thing - there have been so many attempts to integrate a modern UI onto Media Center - but this seems to have the solution.

Many thanks for your help.