Discuss My Media Center for Windows 8, Windows RT, iOS, Android, and WP, and ask Ceton for support.
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. There is no official support mechanism for My Media Center.
- Posts: 1
- Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:02 pm
Your FAQ post
mentions the following:
TV and Movie Galleries - combing recorded and local content and grabs metadata for you automatically.
In addition, your setup guide mentions and provides examples of local TV show storage and mentions grabbing metadata.
My question is twofold:
1) Can you provide some detail (as I've yet to really see it explained anywhere) as to what kind of metadata this is designed to pull? Is it per episode, level of detail, etc.
2) Can you maybe enlighten me (us) as to how that'll be used. For example, is that metadata solely for the phone applications? Or will I magically now have metadata inside WMC for all my locally stored TV series, which would be awesome
I have my libraries set up but I'm not seeing any metadata yet, but I figure things are pretty fluid right now and that'll be addressed shortly. Thanks in advance for the info, I'm already in love with the android app.
- Posts: 2038
- Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:28 pm
- Location: Seattle, WA
So for TV Shows metadata it will be in app only, there is no magical WMC plug in at all unfortunatelly.
Movie metadata will be for the native movie library though.
We have a bug right now in our metadata services for movies & tv though for local files....
Movies should be done tonight/tomorrow
TV we are trying to have done in the next week or so.
Also if you love us please rate us on the marketplace
- Posts: 10
- Joined: Sun Aug 28, 2011 12:14 am
The apps are looking good.
What I'd like to see in the gallery for Recorded TV is a replication of the views I see in Media Center you can kinda get there now, grouping by searies then episode, but minus the bogus Season markers.
Playing with the TVDB API and the WTV renamer code the TVDB frequently falls over when shows are bundled. Disney does this a lot. So you'll not get a accurate metadata pull from TheTVDB in the event two episodes are aired in a single package. You will get correct data if you pull it from the WTV file.
I think some combination of pulling from the recording and some regex-fu on data from TheTVDB could yield a really robust experience.
(former) test lead - Media Center A/V Pipeline
Std Disclaimer. No warranties...blah blah