MMC app missing from US iTunes store May 19 2016

Discuss My Media Center for Windows 8, Windows RT, iOS, Android, and WP, and ask Ceton for support.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. There is no official support mechanism for My Media Center.
Post Reply
User avatar
Jacoats

Posts: 40
Joined: Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:57 pm
Location:

HTPC Specs: Show details

Re: MMC app missing from US iTunes store May 19 2016

#101

Post by Jacoats » Fri Nov 24, 2017 4:52 pm

IT Troll wrote:If the backup isn't encrypted then that might be possible, something like 7-zip might be able to see inside the archive.
Google says iOS 9 was released September 16, 2015.
Ok great. I think already have an app that can do that. Thanks for the info


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User avatar
Crash2009

Posts: 4357
Joined: Thu May 17, 2012 12:38 am
Location: Ann Arbor, Michigan

HTPC Specs: Show details

#102

Post by Crash2009 » Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:57 am

IT Troll wrote:If the backup isn't encrypted then that might be possible,
Is this what you guys are thinking about? They say paid version does encrypted.

http://www.imactools.com/iphonebackupviewer/
Attachments
IOS_Extractor001.jpg

User avatar
Jacoats

Posts: 40
Joined: Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:57 pm
Location:

HTPC Specs: Show details

#103

Post by Jacoats » Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:00 am

Crash2009 wrote:
IT Troll wrote:If the backup isn't encrypted then that might be possible,
Is this what you guys need?

http://www.imactools.com/iphonebackupviewer/
Yes but after I started thinking about it I decided there is no way I have a backup with that app in it from 2015. I just found this app about 8 months or a year ago at most. Still really struggling with this.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User avatar
Crash2009

Posts: 4357
Joined: Thu May 17, 2012 12:38 am
Location: Ann Arbor, Michigan

HTPC Specs: Show details

#104

Post by Crash2009 » Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:21 am

If you cant get MMC, you could always RDP or Teamviewer in. Added bonus, you might even be able to have the MMC missing feature....Live Video

User avatar
Jacoats

Posts: 40
Joined: Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:57 pm
Location:

HTPC Specs: Show details

#105

Post by Jacoats » Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:24 am

Crash2009 wrote:If you cant get MMC, you could always RDP or Teamviewer in. Added bonus, you might even be able to have the MMC missing feature....Live Video
I don’t know about that. Right know I use a slingbox that displays my desktop and WMCE. I use the app the change the channel, play recordings and movies and schedule recordings all remotely off lan and on it. Really need it on my 8. I still have it on my 6 and 2 iPads.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User avatar
Crash2009

Posts: 4357
Joined: Thu May 17, 2012 12:38 am
Location: Ann Arbor, Michigan

HTPC Specs: Show details

#106

Post by Crash2009 » Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:48 am

With RDP you can change channels, program recordings, do everything you did with MMC.....

Plus you can watch live TV on your phone

TeamViewer does pretty much the same thing.

Kodi can turn your HTPC into a Web TV Server, this permits you to have all your stuff wherever you are.

I watch mine in the truck...4g to the bird
Attachments
Screenshot_2015-12-19-20-40-04.png
Last edited by Crash2009 on Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Jacoats

Posts: 40
Joined: Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:57 pm
Location:

HTPC Specs: Show details

#107

Post by Jacoats » Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:49 am

Crash2009 wrote:With RDP you can change channels, program recordings, do everything you did with MMC.....

Plus you can watch live TV on your phone
That’s an app ?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User avatar
Crash2009

Posts: 4357
Joined: Thu May 17, 2012 12:38 am
Location: Ann Arbor, Michigan

HTPC Specs: Show details

#108

Post by Crash2009 » Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:59 am

Try TeamViewer first.

Go to your phone or tablet app store and look for teamviewer

Get teamviewer for your HTPC

On the phone shut off your WIFI so you are WAN

Run teamviewer on the HTPC....will give you a password

Connect with the phone

User avatar
Jacoats

Posts: 40
Joined: Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:57 pm
Location:

HTPC Specs: Show details

#109

Post by Jacoats » Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:59 am

Crash2009 wrote:Try TeamViewer first.

Go to your phone or tablet app store and look for teamviewer

Get teamviewer for your HTPC

On the phone shut off your WIFI so you are WAN

Run teamviewer on the HTPC....will give you a password

Connect with the phone
. Ok I’ll check it out. Thanks !


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User avatar
Crash2009

Posts: 4357
Joined: Thu May 17, 2012 12:38 am
Location: Ann Arbor, Michigan

HTPC Specs: Show details

#110

Post by Crash2009 » Sat Nov 25, 2017 5:01 am

Jacoats wrote:That’s an app ?
yes Microsoft RDP for android. we have connected to my PC. Opened up WMC. and played live TV

RDP has to be set up on the HTPC....It is a tricky project.....but possible

TeamViewer is plug and play

User avatar
Jacoats

Posts: 40
Joined: Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:57 pm
Location:

HTPC Specs: Show details

#111

Post by Jacoats » Sat Nov 25, 2017 5:20 am

Crash2009 wrote:
Jacoats wrote:That’s an app ?
yes Microsoft RDP for android. we have connected to my PC. Opened up WMC. and played live TV

RDP has to be set up on the HTPC....It is a tricky project.....but possible

TeamViewer is plug and play
I have been using VNC to remote in for several years. It has limitations. TeamViewer similar ?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User avatar
Crash2009

Posts: 4357
Joined: Thu May 17, 2012 12:38 am
Location: Ann Arbor, Michigan

HTPC Specs: Show details

#112

Post by Crash2009 » Sat Nov 25, 2017 5:24 am

TeamViewer uses a mirror driver.

I never used VNC since WFWG

User avatar
IT Troll

Posts: 830
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:42 am
Location: Edinburgh, UK

HTPC Specs: Show details

#113

Post by IT Troll » Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:29 am

Crash2009 wrote:Is this what you guys are thinking about? They say paid version does encrypted.

http://www.imactools.com/iphonebackupviewer/
That looks like a useful utility. However, having thought about it for a moment, the app package files are not actually included in the backup, it is just user data. This is why it is/was possible to download the app packages to your computer.

The other alternative to MMC is Remote Potato. This is also an abandoned app and so has disappeared from the app store. However, the Remote Potato PC installer (still available for free) also has a web browser interface which can be used as an alternative. It is no Kodi by any stretch, but might be worth a look if you are just looking for the remote recording management functions.
Are you a Recorded TV HD user or want to give it a try? Check out the new community-made update; Recorded TV HD v2.1.1

DanITman

Posts: 36
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:50 pm
Location:

HTPC Specs: Show details

#114

Post by DanITman » Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:29 pm

If we want to make this work, here is what we will need.

1.) Jailbroken iphone that currently has the My Media Center App installed.

2.) Someone with enough skills to run Clucth to decrypt and dump the app.

3.) Someone that can repackage the app as an .ipa. This will require someone to have developers account on apple.

This will create an .ipa file that we can all load with Cydia Impactor and our phones won't have to be jailbroken.

User avatar
Jacoats

Posts: 40
Joined: Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:57 pm
Location:

HTPC Specs: Show details

#115

Post by Jacoats » Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:35 pm

DanITman wrote:If we want to make this work, here is what we will need.

1.) Jailbroken iphone that currently has the My Media Center App installed.

2.) Someone with enough skills to run Clucth to decrypt and dump the app.

3.) Someone that can repackage the app as an .ipa. This will require someone to have developers account on apple.

This will create an .ipa file that we can all load with Cydia Impactor and our phones won't have to be jailbroken.
Ok perfect. I’ve been trying to figure out what we needed to do. Hoping a vol will surface here ...


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User avatar
Crash2009

Posts: 4357
Joined: Thu May 17, 2012 12:38 am
Location: Ann Arbor, Michigan

HTPC Specs: Show details

#116

Post by Crash2009 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:32 pm

Thanks Dan! Sure is nice to have some Professional Help around here.

bryankennedy2

Posts: 27
Joined: Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:45 pm
Location:

HTPC Specs: Show details

#117

Post by bryankennedy2 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:45 am

Does it have to be a phone? Would an iPad (iOS 9.3.5) work? If so, I might be able to try some things


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jachin99

Posts: 1246
Joined: Wed Feb 24, 2016 3:36 pm
Location:

HTPC Specs: Show details

#118

Post by jachin99 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:55 pm

I have an old ipad 2 on IOS 9 as well so I might be able to do some testing

User avatar
Jacoats

Posts: 40
Joined: Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:57 pm
Location:

HTPC Specs: Show details

#119

Post by Jacoats » Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:28 pm

bryankennedy2 wrote:Does it have to be a phone? Would an iPad (iOS 9.3.5) work? If so, I might be able to try some things


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hey Bryan. Can I pm you ?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bryankennedy2

Posts: 27
Joined: Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:45 pm
Location:

HTPC Specs: Show details

#120

Post by bryankennedy2 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:11 am

Go for it. I’m somewhat busy until the weekend, but don’t let that stop you. The biggest challenge I have would be repackaging the app, since I don’t have a Dev account or even and Apple machine


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Reply