My Media Center not showing premieres recently

Discuss My Media Center for Windows 8, Windows RT, iOS, Android, and WP, and ask Ceton for support.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. There is no official support mechanism for My Media Center.
Post Reply
User avatar
spanner

Posts: 246
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:36 pm
Location: Corbett Oregon USA

HTPC Specs: Show details

My Media Center not showing premieres recently

#1

Post by spanner » Mon May 31, 2021 3:45 pm

Not a big deal , but I was pleasantly surprised after converting to epg123, that the premieres in the MMC app started showing up. For me this never worked with the old guide system. I found this very useful in discovering new shows to try out. Not sure of when but of late this feature does not work anymore for me in both the android and win 10 app. I was wondering if this is a feature that is no longer available or if i am missing a setting somewhere ?

User avatar
garyan2

Posts: 5980
Joined: Fri Nov 27, 2015 7:23 pm
Location:

HTPC Specs: Show details

#2

Post by garyan2 » Mon May 31, 2021 5:58 pm

It should still work. Nothing has changed for that... it is just a flag. Does WMC show that they are premieres?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

- Gary
Keeping WMC alive beyond January 2020. http://epg123.garyan2.net

User avatar
spanner

Posts: 246
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:36 pm
Location: Corbett Oregon USA

HTPC Specs: Show details

#3

Post by spanner » Mon May 31, 2021 6:21 pm

garyan2 wrote:
Mon May 31, 2021 5:58 pm
It should still work. Nothing has changed for that... it is just a flag. Does WMC show that they are premieres?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Yes. from the home screen selecting search then search by category then premiers, I get several series and season premiers

User avatar
garyan2

Posts: 5980
Joined: Fri Nov 27, 2015 7:23 pm
Location:

HTPC Specs: Show details

#4

Post by garyan2 » Mon May 31, 2021 6:33 pm

It's been a long time since I used the app, is there a setting to show the star or not? If you see it flagged in WMC, you should see it in the app as well. You may want to clear the cache and reload to see if that makes a difference.
- Gary
Keeping WMC alive beyond January 2020. http://epg123.garyan2.net

User avatar
spanner

Posts: 246
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:36 pm
Location: Corbett Oregon USA

HTPC Specs: Show details

#5

Post by spanner » Mon May 31, 2021 8:24 pm

garyan2 wrote:
Mon May 31, 2021 6:33 pm
It's been a long time since I used the app, is there a setting to show the star or not? If you see it flagged in WMC, you should see it in the app as well. You may want to clear the cache and reload to see if that makes a difference.
I cleared the cache on all my phones and a tablet, also cleared the cache on epg123. still no premieres. This is not a big deal, I was just presently surprised that it started working when I installed your guide program back when it first came out. This might be a plip on my end and was curious if something changed, or if others noticed it. All other data shows up in the app as it always has.

thanks for responding

User avatar
garyan2

Posts: 5980
Joined: Fri Nov 27, 2015 7:23 pm
Location:

HTPC Specs: Show details

#6

Post by garyan2 » Mon May 31, 2021 8:37 pm

It may be something on my end. Let me check the change history to see if I changed something with premieres.
- Gary
Keeping WMC alive beyond January 2020. http://epg123.garyan2.net

User avatar
garyan2

Posts: 5980
Joined: Fri Nov 27, 2015 7:23 pm
Location:

HTPC Specs: Show details

#7

Post by garyan2 » Mon May 31, 2021 8:52 pm

Yup, this is my bad. I missed a line to set the schedule entry premiere flag on the latest versions when I did some restructuring. Will be fixed in next release, which is soon due to another small change in the SD API which should be released within the next week.

EDIT: Thanks for letting me know!
- Gary
Keeping WMC alive beyond January 2020. http://epg123.garyan2.net

User avatar
spanner

Posts: 246
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:36 pm
Location: Corbett Oregon USA

HTPC Specs: Show details

#8

Post by spanner » Mon May 31, 2021 9:28 pm

garyan2 wrote:
Mon May 31, 2021 8:52 pm
Yup, this is my bad. I missed a line to set the schedule entry premiere flag on the latest versions when I did some restructuring. Will be fixed in next release, which is soon due to another small change in the SD API which should be released within the next week.

EDIT: Thanks for letting me know!
Glad i could help even just a little
Thank you for keeping media center alive for so many of us

User avatar
StinkyImp

Posts: 422
Joined: Thu May 11, 2017 7:53 pm
Location:

HTPC Specs: Show details

#9

Post by StinkyImp » Tue Jun 01, 2021 2:29 pm

garyan2 wrote:
Mon May 31, 2021 8:52 pm
I missed a line to set the schedule entry premiere flag on the latest versions when I did some restructuring.
Does this affect WMC or just MMC?

User avatar
garyan2

Posts: 5980
Joined: Fri Nov 27, 2015 7:23 pm
Location:

HTPC Specs: Show details

#10

Post by garyan2 » Tue Jun 01, 2021 3:03 pm

Just MMC as far as I can tell. The program is still getting the "Series Premiere", "Series Finale", "Season Premiere", and "Season Finale" flags, it is just the schedule entry isn't getting the Premiere flag set. Not sure if there is any difference in how WMC handles the schedule entry flag. (Note the schedule entry premiere flag is for both series and movie premieres.)
- Gary
Keeping WMC alive beyond January 2020. http://epg123.garyan2.net

User avatar
garyan2

Posts: 5980
Joined: Fri Nov 27, 2015 7:23 pm
Location:

HTPC Specs: Show details

#11

Post by garyan2 » Tue Jun 01, 2021 6:04 pm

Just release v1.6.4.3 which adds the schedule entry premiere flag back in. This should take of it.
- Gary
Keeping WMC alive beyond January 2020. http://epg123.garyan2.net

User avatar
garyan2

Posts: 5980
Joined: Fri Nov 27, 2015 7:23 pm
Location:

HTPC Specs: Show details

#12

Post by garyan2 » Tue Jun 01, 2021 8:08 pm

garyan2 wrote:
Tue Jun 01, 2021 3:03 pm
Just MMC as far as I can tell. The program is still getting the "Series Premiere", "Series Finale", "Season Premiere", and "Season Finale" flags, it is just the schedule entry isn't getting the Premiere flag set. Not sure if there is any difference in how WMC handles the schedule entry flag. (Note the schedule entry premiere flag is for both series and movie premieres.)
While fixing this, I saw that we were missing the added "(Premiere)" to the episode title when viewing program details in WMC.
- Gary
Keeping WMC alive beyond January 2020. http://epg123.garyan2.net

User avatar
spanner

Posts: 246
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:36 pm
Location: Corbett Oregon USA

HTPC Specs: Show details

#13

Post by spanner » Tue Jun 01, 2021 9:15 pm

There they are, works perfect. Thanks again

Post Reply