1) WMC on 8.1 Pro (Dell XPS laptop) & would like to cast/mirror to HDTV (Sony GoogleTV)
2) Laptop is ethernet-connected to LAN (TP-Link AC-1750 Router) - laptop does not have HDMI port (does have DVI)
3) Have Roku Express, FireTV box, Chromecast, PLEX (no Pass yet) & PlayOn Desktop
4) Unable to see (replaced) WLAN card in Device Manager & consistently get Windows Error 651**
Question: Any functional way, using above resources, to Cast or Mirror WMC to TV?
(Obviously) would prefer to avoid
(1) investing in Xbox - or -
(2) having to pull both (DVI) video cable & separate audio pair under 18' of carpet to TV (via HDMI adapter)
** All attempts to resolve Error 651 FAIL: WiFi Troubleshooter is worthless: "...can't identify ..."
-- cannot reset TCP/IP stack using Netsh command(s) ..."access denied"
-- unable to rename .Log file in Registry due to "..don't have permission..." despite taking "ownership"
-- and sfc /scannow is unable (of course) to find any "integrity violations" & therefore useless.
2 posts • Page 1 of 1
- Posts: 39
- Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2015 6:03 am
- HTPC Specs:
Based on what you have, i think the best you can do is playback unprotected WMC recordings in the plex app on one of your devices. I wouldnt say that experience is necessarily the best given transcoding is involved. But there arent a ton of options for getting WMC to tv short of an hdmi cable or xbox 360.