Can I download TV Guide on a laptop then transfer to HTPC?

stevethebrain

HTPC Specs: Show details

Can I download TV Guide on a laptop then transfer to HTPC?

Post by stevethebrain » Wed Feb 03, 2016 4:11 pm

Can I download TV Guide on Laptop PC then transfer to HTPC?

Can I use a public hotspot to download updated TV guide save to a thumb drive then transfer to the HTPC? if yes, please explain step by step process.

Thanks STB

tonywagner

Post by tonywagner » Thu Feb 04, 2016 1:56 am

Possible, but not easy. You will probably need to utilize some of the software and techniques from this thread:

http://www.thegreenbutton.tv/forums/vie ... =96&t=9052

Scallica

Post by Scallica » Thu Feb 04, 2016 2:30 pm

stevethebrain wrote:Can I download TV Guide on Laptop PC then transfer to HTPC?

Can I use a public hotspot to download updated TV guide save to a thumb drive then transfer to the HTPC? if yes, please explain step by step process.
I would suggest installing a wireless adapter in your HTPC. Then, enable the wi-fi hotspot on your cell phone, connect the HTPC to the cell phone's wireless network and download the guide. You will save a lot of time and frustration.
HTPC Enthusiast / Forum Moderator - TGB.tv Code of Conduct

DavidinCT

Post by DavidinCT » Sun Feb 07, 2016 5:14 pm

Scallica wrote:
stevethebrain wrote:Can I download TV Guide on Laptop PC then transfer to HTPC?

I would suggest installing a wireless adapter in your HTPC. Then, enable the wi-fi hotspot on your cell phone, connect the HTPC to the cell phone's wireless network and download the guide. You will save a lot of time and frustration.
Agreed. over the years, this has been discussed a lot, even back to the old TGB.com, and there was never an "easy" way to do this. Your best bet is to find a internet connection for it, Wi-Fi or even a dial up connection (is dial up connections still available ?).
-Dave
Twitter @TheCoolDave

Windows Media Center certified and WMC MVP 2010 - 2012