TMT5 Getting Major Update SOON!

newfiend

HTPC Specs: Show details

TMT5 Getting Major Update SOON!

Post by newfiend » Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:55 am

Just came across this at Missing Remote: http://www.missingremote.com/blog/arcso ... e-5-update
What do you want in the update?
How about Automatic Refresh Rate Change for 24fps content that automatically switchs back when you exit..? Sound exciting?
And there are MORE great features for .MKV playback as well...
Check the link for all the AWESOME additions coming to our favorite Blu-Ray software!

STC

Post by STC » Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:43 am

Oo nice. Looks good. I hope they don't slap another 20 bucks for the update priviledge.
By the Community, for the Community. 100% Commercial Free.

Want decent guide data back? Check out EPG123

newfiend

Post by newfiend » Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:50 am

It's not a package update to a new version so I think it should be a free update.. Hope your right though.
Awesome new features coming in the update though. Can't wait.. :D

TheOsburnFamil

Post by TheOsburnFamil » Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:07 am

Man I am soooo glad I jumped on the TMT bandwagon instead of PowerDVD way back in the day! LOL
This is all great news. Can't wait to try it out! I've been considering remuxing all my BD ISOs into single-file MKVs to free up more space (I'm going through TBs like they're candy bringing over my BD physical collection).

We're picking up the Lost series on BD and that'll just about kill me!
Matt O. ...tivo what? ...dish dvr--uh... huh? ...cable dvr fees--you're kidding, right?

StumpyBloke

Post by StumpyBloke » Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:27 pm

This is flippin brilliant news!!!! I've been a fan of TMT for years and this stands it in good stead for the future from my perspective!! I just wish it would truly integrate with media centre but I don't know if that's a limitation of TMT or media centre itself. Thanks for posting newfiend!
Rich

newfiend

Post by newfiend » Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:38 pm

@ Stumpy
Have you tried TMT5? As far as add-in software for media center goes this by far has the best integrated look. They really did a nice job on the look and feel of TMT5 so it looks like an actual part of MC. Its not perfect but its darn close!
I can't wait for the patch to come out!
newfiend

StumpyBloke

Post by StumpyBloke » Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:51 pm

Hey there! Yeah I've used it since it first came out, and used TMT 3 before that. What I mean by fully integrated is it's actually part of media Center interface (like the built in standard DVD playback) rather than a separate window like it currently is. Hope that makes sense? :)
Rich

cw-kid

Post by cw-kid » Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:02 pm

I only updated to TMT V5 last week from version 3, so far so good, its got the best MCE integration so far and I thought PowerDVD 10 was good!
Stuart

The Media Center Blog Tips Tricks & News!
The Digital Lifestyle

bob_p

Post by bob_p » Sat Jul 09, 2011 12:54 pm

I've had a vew disks where TMT5 gets confused - and I've had to play the movies in my PS3 instead.

Also, I recently realized that I wasn't getting the HD audio over HDMI with TMT5. That started a round of tweaks - until I could get HD audio working over HDMI with TMT5 - without breaking the audio for the rest of Windows Media Center.

I'm using an ATI Radeon HD 5xxx card using an HDMI connection to my Onkyo receiver and then onto my DLP.

In order to get TMT5 to deliver HD audio - you have to set the "exclusive mode" for the audio. But doing that periodically caused audio problems inside Windows 7 Media Center.

The solution (now that I found it) was pretty simple - just turning off the audio for the Media Center user interface - and so far that seems to fix the problems. So I've lost the audio for whenever I move the cursor or click a button in Media Center - but now I reliably get HD audio from TMT5 for BluRays.

The incompatability with some of the Blu-Ray disks is more frustrating - I prefer to play the movies in Media Center - and use my remote. Not as convenient to go through the PS3 - and use the PS3 controller.

JTScribe

Post by JTScribe » Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:32 am

Does TMT5 play HD-DVDs?

StumpyBloke

Post by StumpyBloke » Sun Jul 10, 2011 12:25 pm

JTScribe wrote:Does TMT5 play HD-DVDs?
Yes
Rich