Ceton issues with bridging and sharing tuners

Ask fellow members about Ceton's infiniTV tuners here.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
eddiechi

HTPC Specs: Show details

Ceton issues with bridging and sharing tuners

Post by eddiechi » Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:08 am

Hi,

I just got the Ceton Pci card 2 weeks ago and it works great with all 4 tuners on my HTPC.... I am having issues now when I try to share the tuner with any of my 3 other pc's on home network. When I use the Network wizard in WMC it detetcts all 4 tuners, I designate which ones I want to utilize and prepares to set them up by telling me " bridging is about to occur and I will lose network activity for a moment" I click OK... wait for it to tel me it's finished ... and then propted to go to TV Signal setup.... once I do this it tells me there are NO tuners detected..??? I opened the Ceton Diagnotsics Tool and it says "searching for InfiniTV" after reset tuners in WMC and rebooting computer I was able for it to detect the tuners again and able to set them up on my Host HTPC.... but whenever I try to set them up for sharing, WMC is no longer able to detect them... this seems to happen when the Bridging process takes place... once I go into Network Sharing and delte the Bridge... then WMC and the Ceton Diagnostics tool is able to find the tuners again........ what is causing this conflict?? I've tried the card in 3 different PC's and unable to get it to sahre the tuners ....... I opened a Ticket with Ceton and have sent them the Diagnostics report a few times and was just told to switch a setting in Ceton PCIE Driver to "YES" under supprot bridging but that had no effect......

any help or advice would be appreciated, it's driving me crazy...

Scallica

Post by Scallica » Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:15 am

What drivers and firmware version are you using? Have you tried only sharing only one of the four tuners? For example, try sharing just tuner 1 or just tuner 2.

Do you have multiple network adapters in your HTPC?
HTPC Enthusiast / Forum Moderator - TGB.tv Code of Conduct

eddiechi

Post by eddiechi » Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:55 am

I have the latest drivers and updated card to the latest firmware last week......... Yes, I have tried all combinations of sharing tuners.... allocating just 1 tuner to Host HTPC and then trying to share 1, 2, and 3 tuners on 10f 3 different clinet Pc's... allocating 2 tuners to Host PC.... etc........ I opened network sharing in control panel and notice when WMC tries to bridge the Ceton adapter with my local network it loses connectivity with all tuners.... I am not the most savvy or experienced when it comes to Networks in general besides the basic modem-router-mulitple PC setup.....only 1 NIC in HTPC.

Scallica

Post by Scallica » Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:31 pm

I would suggest upgrading your network card drivers.

I assume you are using the on-board network card. I would try installing an add-on network card and disabling the on-board network card. Then, try network sharing again.

Also, do you have any VPN software installed ?

eddiechi

Post by eddiechi » Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:43 pm

Yes, using only on board network card on all 3 computers- and I did have VPN on the HTPC but it was the first thing I removed when I had problems sharing.

cram501

Post by cram501 » Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:49 pm

I had a similar problem after installing the latest drivers.

Make sure you do properties on the Ceton network device, hit configure, and make sure that "Support Bridging" is set to "Yes". When I installed the latest drivers it turned it off. Once I did that, the tuners could be seen by the local and remote pc's.

*** Edit ***

I had the same symptoms. All my problems were network related.

I see you already enabled bridging (sorry, missed that). If you go under network settings on the web page for the tuners, you may want to disable dhcp and the dhcp server and try it with a static ip for your local net. You need to make sure the dhcp server is off and your getting an IP for your local net.

eddiechi

Post by eddiechi » Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:00 pm

cram501 wrote:I had a similar problem after installing the latest drivers.

Make sure you do properties on the Ceton network device, hit configure, and make sure that "Support Bridging" is set to "Yes". When I installed the latest drivers it turned it off. Once I did that, the tuners could be seen by the local and remote pc's.

*** Edit ***

I had the same symptoms. All my problems were network related.

I see you already enabled bridging (sorry, missed that). If you go under network settings on the web page for the tuners, you may want to disable dhcp and the dhcp server and try it with a static ip for your local net. You need to make sure the dhcp server is off and your getting an IP for your local net.
I was looking at trying that... if I disable DHCP how would I determine what static IP address to use? It has 192.168.200.1 currently listed.. when I went to switch to a static IP it said...."your network interface is not on the same network subnet that is defined by the IP address, do you want to save this information?"..... Do I have to set a static IP in my router configuration? Router info states my Start IP address is xxx.xxx.1.100 and that the IP address range is xxx.xxx.1.100 to 149

BIG EDIT - wow, I think that was my cure..... I went into WMC setup tuners and checked switch to static IP and then entered my ip address switching to a random 105 just as a trial and error test and all of the sudden the tuners showed up on the Ceton Diagnostic tool in my other 3 computers.....

2nd EDIT - I guess it wasn't that simple although it was the first time my client PC's found the Ceton card and showed the tuners available... after I went to set up and allocate the tuners in WMC and did a restart I was no longer to find the shared tuners on my other PC's.... uggghhh

cram501

Post by cram501 » Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:23 pm

eddiechi wrote: 2nd EDIT - I guess it wasn't that simple although it was the first time my client PC's found the Ceton card and showed the tuners available... after I went to set up and allocate the tuners in WMC and did a restart I was no longer to find the shared tuners on my other PC's.... uggghhh
Double check the settings on the network page. I had to set that IP multiple times. After a restart the PC it went back to the original settings, which of course made it stop working.

For some reason it stuck on the 4th or 5th try. (Ceton may be able to help with this.)

You can also just make sure the dhcp client is running which will retrieve an IP from your local dhcp server (assuming you have one running on your router). I like using a static ip in the off chance the IP eventually changes through dhcp which could potentially cause issues.

Scallica

Post by Scallica » Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:35 pm

If supported by your router, you can also create a DHCP reservation using the MAC address of your tuner. Your tuner will always receive the same IP address.

eddiechi

Post by eddiechi » Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:49 pm

Thanks for the input.. I was able to work with Ceton... had a great tech named Troy who worked with me for an hour and setup a remote session on my PC... after a click, click, check, click enable, check, disable, click, check and a couple reboots he fixed it.... unfortunately I don't know how he fixed it... everything he did was something I had tried at one time or another but he did it and I couldn't. Much kudos to Ceton tech support!!

nadspink

Post by nadspink » Thu Nov 24, 2011 3:28 am

i had this same problem when i had first started sharing my card on the network. a member of cetons staff actually ended up resetting my card via remote desktop. what i have found since then though is that sometimes the reset function in cetons mce add-in networking tool doesn't always work the first time and i have had to reset the card two or three times before it will properly reset.

cghirardi

Post by cghirardi » Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:18 pm

I am having this exact same issue with my InfiniTV 4 tuner and am going crazy trying to reset it. If anyone knows the steps to get it unstuck posting them would be extremely helpful. Currently I am waiting for Ceton support to get to my ticket while my wife is threatening my life...