Guide tool

Help with tuners from ATI, Hauppauge, AverMedia and more.
markcf105

HTPC Specs: Show details

Guide tool

Post by markcf105 » Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:18 pm

If you had 2 tuners with different providers say a feed from starchoice and one from dish network, Is there a way to show them in the guide of media center? And have media center change the channel of the correct box?

So far I have installed the guide tool but it pulls data from media center I have not found a way to do this....

Thanks

Mark

wassupTC

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by wassupTC » Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:05 pm

Mark,

I have two different sources in my Media Center setup: one SiliconDust HDHomerun network tuner and one DVBLink Network Server Pack.

As long as you can tell the difference between the sources in your Media Center guide then I think you should be fine. It all depends on how your sources feed your Media Center. On my DVBLink Network Server Pack setup, I number any channels that I would like to manually number in Media Center as (-1) in the Server Pack setup and then using the Guide Tool from 1geek1tool, I am able to renumber the channel to whatever I want. I haven't had a need to change the channel numbering for the HDHomeRun tuner, so I'm not quite sure how that would work if I tried it.

I hope that provides a bit of insight.

Take care,
TC