InfiniTV 4 PCIe stops working after 5 minutes

Ask fellow members about Ceton's infiniTV tuners here.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
benraymond

HTPC Specs: Show details

InfiniTV 4 PCIe stops working after 5 minutes

Post by benraymond » Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:36 am

I have WMC running on windows 7 with a Ceton infinTV 4 channel card and cable card. Was working fine.

Took the computer this summer to a place with no internet or TV; turned off all scheduled recordings.

Since I got back, System runs fine for about 3-5 minutes - Live TV OK, encrypted channels OK

Then I get the "No tuner available to satisfy the request," error. Only restarting the system will bring it back online.

Ceton card appears to be working normally, diagnostics OK, Temps are in the low 40's c. Latest firmware

Ceton has been unhelpful - say things looking ok from the diagnostics - told me to turn off windows firewall (which did not help) and to ensure that my network connection is "Home" (which it is).

Uninstalled and reinstalled WMC - didn't change anything

Changed WMC reciever service to local - no help.

Just unpaired and re-paired the cable card. Same thing.

So, any other suggestions? Do I reinstall windows 7 and then retry the whole thing?

Any replies greatly appreciated

Ben

Crash2009

Post by Crash2009 » Thu Dec 03, 2015 4:17 am

The tuner probably got nudged when you moved the box to the other location. Works fine until it warms up. Common problem when a X1 card is installed in a X-other slot. Sometimes they even go out of whack in an X1 slot.

Take the card out and re-seat it.

Sometimes the bracket needs to be bent/adjusted a bit to force the contacts to seat better in the slot.

2 pair of plyers works best. You don't need to bend it as much as the one in the picture, just a hair is all it needs
Attachments
InfiniTV4_002.JPG

benraymond

Post by benraymond » Tue Dec 08, 2015 4:58 am

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately this did not fix it.

It seems to be firmly wedged in the X1 slot. I will try the other slots though. And cleaning the contacts

This seems to happen about 5 minutes with the card and slot very cool so I don't think it is temp related.

The Ceton Diagnostics tool can see the card just fine - WMC just seems to not be able to see it.

I reinstalled WMC without luck. I may have to try reinstalling Windows 7 next to start from scratch. Will that screw up my cable card pairing?

Thanks

Ben