Partial Recordings "Due to a Schedule Change"

tzr916

HTPC Specs: Show details

Partial Recordings "Due to a Schedule Change"

Post by tzr916 » Sat Nov 07, 2015 4:43 am

This has now happened at least three times, always Friday night during Amazing Race. The show gets split up into 3 to 5 partial recordings and when I look at the WMC History it states:
[First section]- Recording started (on time), and stopped early (time stamp) due to a schedule change.
[Following sections]- Recording began late (time stamp) due to a temporary failure caused by either a system malfunction or a power loss and stopped early (time stamp) due to a schedule change.
[Last section]- Recording began late (time stamp), due to a temporary failure caused by either a system malfunction or a power loss and stopped (on time).

When I look in the Event Viewer WMC Logs there is nothing going on. No guide downloads, etc.

Has anyone see anything like this? Any suggestions?

Guess I will cancel the series and re-add it, see if it happens again next Friday.

hvinc

Post by hvinc » Wed Nov 11, 2015 8:58 pm

I had this problem for 2-3 weeks last year with "The Flash." I scratched my head, moved the series up to #1 on the priority list, and never had another problem. No, I can't explain it, but it worked. At least for me.

tzr916

Post by tzr916 » Sat Nov 14, 2015 6:42 pm

I forgot to cancel series and add back in (busy installing AVR)... Exact same thing happened again last night. "Amazing Race" split into three pieces due to a schedule change. I just cancelled and added, I'll see what happens next Friday. Only other recording happening at the same time is "Wheel of Fortune" which comes out perfect. With 9 tuners, I have a hard time believing it's a priority issue. Changing the priority and changing it to number one would require 337 clicks of my mouse (yes I have 337 series recordings).

hvinc

Post by hvinc » Sat Nov 14, 2015 9:45 pm

I've got 7 tuners & 100+ series and it worked. Unless something magically fixed itself under the hood

DaveInPa

Post by DaveInPa » Mon Nov 16, 2015 7:34 pm

I have MC set to record Amazing Race and it didn't record at all on November 6. I moved it to my #1 series in priorities and it recorded fine on November 13.

tzr916

Post by tzr916 » Sat Nov 21, 2015 3:54 am

Well it's Friday night again... and Amazing Race is currently recording... and it's already been split into 4 parts, every time says due to a schedule change. So deleting and re-adding the series did nothing at all. Just finished moving it to #1 priority, we shall see if it gets chopped into more pieces tonight or wait until next week...

Two other shows recording at the same time as Amazing Race right now and neither one of them has been interrupted.

2.5 years with WMC and I have never seen this happen.

336 series, probably 60-80 hours of tv recorded every week, only this one show has an issue.

choliscott

Post by choliscott » Sun Nov 22, 2015 8:26 am

Just a couple of quick questions:

1) How do you have recording default set?
2) Out of the total number of series you have set to record, how many are set for "New" compared to "New & Repeat" (rough guess) ?
3) Out of the total number of series you have set to record, how many are set to only record from one channel, compared to all channel (rough guess) ?
4) Out of the total number of series you have set to record "New & repeats" & "Any Channel", how many have a bunch of episodes. For example SpongeBob Square pants might show 80 episodes in the guide for the new two weeks (rough guess) ?

The reason I'm asking the questions is when I configure WMC with 9 tuners & try scheduling shows, I had the same problem with you, along with it taking "30 minutes" just to show the red dots after trying to schedule a show series. However when I lowered the number of tuners down to 6 to 7 , the problem went away.

tzr916

Post by tzr916 » Mon Nov 23, 2015 1:04 am

6 tuners Ceton ETH + 3 tuners SD HDHRP

I have had tuner restrictions setup for a while.... 90% of the channels are restricted to use only the Ceton ETH. And a handful of them (HBO, SHO, AMC, Encore, ESPN2, SyFy, local CW, and the comcast music channels) are restricted to use only the HDHRP.

All series are set to "NEW" and either "HD Preferred" or one specific channel. I also go through my upcoming recordings list every morning checking for non-first runs, duplicates, etc to manually delete things I don't want to record.

What's even stranger, the first 3 or 4 episodes of Amazing Race recorded just fine. Then one week it just started happening, and has done it ever since.

tzr916

Post by tzr916 » Sun Nov 29, 2015 3:59 pm

Setting priority to #1 seemed to do the trick. Amazing Race recorded as one complete file, no more errors due to schedule change.

Thanks

hvinc

Post by hvinc » Sun Nov 29, 2015 8:52 pm

It's good to know it worked. Even if we don't know why.