WMC not displaying local channels broadcast by Dish Network

patmcglenn

HTPC Specs: Show details

WMC not displaying local channels broadcast by Dish Network

Post by patmcglenn » Mon Oct 05, 2015 1:29 pm

I have been using Windows 7 Media Center for several years now. I cannot receive local channels over the air due to the location of my house and surrounding hills. For this reason, I use Dish Network and receive my network channels from Dish.

This has worked well for me for a couple years but recently I changed to a basic Dish package which includes my local channels plus a few others. Since this change, I am unable to get WMC to find any channels lower than channel 70.

If I use my Dish remote control to change to a local channel, say channel 025, it tunes and shows just fine; the channel just doesn't show in my guide. Also, WMC does not give me the option to manually add channels.

I have been searching for any postings on this particular issue without success and am hoping someone can point me in the right direction.

patmcglenn

Post by patmcglenn » Sun Oct 11, 2015 12:50 pm

no help? anyone?

dkrom

Post by dkrom » Sun Oct 11, 2015 1:52 pm

Normally there are a few different Dish options to select from. From what I remember you do not want to select the USA Dish setup option, but one that has your local city then DISH. I have the same package and that is what works for me. You may also want to try other nearby zip codes to see if you can get more options than just the USA, Dish option.