Initial setup guide issue with DUAL

Ask about SiliconDusts HomeRun tuners here.
kd6icz

HTPC Specs: Show details

Initial setup guide issue with DUAL

Post by kd6icz » Wed Sep 16, 2015 3:30 am

I'm not very familiar with the ATSC setup in comparison to CableCARD setup in WMC. I have a friend of mine that I gave my backup HTPC so he could have an OTA setup in Phoenix.

Well long story short the motherboard died in the PC so a new one was installed and Windows 7 had to be reinstalled. Going through Live TV setup WMC comes up with the error after the zip code is keyed in that WMC experienced an error in retrieving guide data. Setup completes and he is able to view live TV and sees all the channels but no guide.

I experienced this same issue on my PRIME'S during setup but in my case in ended up being CableCARD's that weren't completely activated. What would cause this with an ATSC tuner?

kd6icz

Post by kd6icz » Fri Sep 18, 2015 2:39 am

An uninstall / reinstall of the HDHR software resolved the issue.

The HDHR units are rock solid, but their software is junk! I had a hell of a time activating my three PRIMES a month ago when I swapped out my Ceton tuners. Both firmware and software could use some serious work.

dmagerl

Post by dmagerl » Fri Sep 18, 2015 1:03 pm

I dont think this issue has anything to do with the tuners.

There is a very serious issue going on with Microsoft's guide servers right now. It seems to be luck of the draw as to whether the guide downloads or not. Most likely this is the problem.