New Router - Lost Connection to PC

Troubleshoot and discuss the XBOX 360, XBOX One, Linksys, and other extenders.
jpmarth

HTPC Specs: Show details

New Router - Lost Connection to PC

Post by jpmarth » Tue Sep 01, 2015 1:39 am

I just purchased a new router (TP-Link AC1200). Everything works fine, expect the Xbox can no longer connect to media center on the PC. At first it could detect it through the network test on the Xbox. I tried removing the extender from media center and reinstalling, but now the Xbox just gets to the error "Your console can’t contact your PC with Windows Media Center".

Everything else flows through the router just fine. I've run through everything I can find online, which isn't much, and I'm not sure what else to try.

The Xbox is wired to the router through two powerline adapters.

Thoughts? Help!

jpmarth

Post by jpmarth » Tue Sep 01, 2015 1:51 am

Just checked the other Xbox in the bedroom and it is connecting just fine. That console connects to the router and PC in the same way. Now I'm even more confused...

adam1991

Post by adam1991 » Tue Sep 01, 2015 2:10 am

Start with the basics: plug the problem XBox's ethernet cable into a different port on the switch.

tomtoth

Post by tomtoth » Wed Sep 16, 2015 2:11 am

I just had this exact issue.. Replaced with an openpf firewall.. And my 360 wouldn't connect... It ended up being that media pc detected a network.. And had to find the hidden "windows has detected new network, is connection home/work" window in the background..

Then my xbox connected just fine..