6 tuners seen, only four shows recording

Ask about SiliconDusts HomeRun tuners here.
Shadowjack1965

HTPC Specs: Show details

6 tuners seen, only four shows recording

Post by Shadowjack1965 » Fri Aug 07, 2015 6:34 pm

I have two HDHomeRunPrime devices, six tuners available. I installed TunerSalad and my WMC recognizes all six tuners, so does ServerWMC and pretty much every other application.

For some reason, when I have five shows scheduled at the same time slot, only four record. I thought tuner salad would bypass this but it doesn't for some reason and I can't find an answer.

Apologies if this has been covered already but so far all I can find is the opposite, where people need to run TunerSalad to open up more tuners.

gary94080

Post by gary94080 » Mon Aug 24, 2015 5:03 am

I don't have to use TunerSalad so I can't comment on that.

I did have one of the three tuners go awol one time and it came back after I powered everything down, reseat the cablecard and then powered up the system and all three were back.

Scallica

Post by Scallica » Mon Aug 24, 2015 11:21 am

Do you have the latest HDHomerun software/driver package?
HTPC Enthusiast / Forum Moderator - TGB.tv Code of Conduct

Shadowjack1965

Post by Shadowjack1965 » Sat Aug 29, 2015 11:20 pm

Yes I made certain the software was all up to date. One thing that's interesting, I set six shows to record in HD on the WMC box and they recorded without issue. I set six to record via Kodi and it would only record three shows, the rest it set as PVR alternates (the original six recordings had ended by this time). So it would appear the Kodi client is the culprit. Interesting.

Rainey

Post by Rainey » Fri Nov 27, 2015 1:44 am

So you say you can record 4 but not 5.
Does that mean you can record 4 and watch 2, meaning that all six tuners work on the then one WMC?

Because when i used Tunersalad, i found that at times it would stop working and need to be ran again to get all six to work again.