Have purchased WMC - where can I download it?

BrendaH

HTPC Specs: Show details

Have purchased WMC - where can I download it?

Post by BrendaH » Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:00 pm

Have rebuilt my Win8.1 machine. I had purchased WMC for it, and had it working, but after the rebuild of the machine, I don't have WMC on it. Am at a loss as to where to find WMC to download. I still have my 25 digit key for it.

ALSO - right before the dreaded computer rebuild, the tv guide update had stopped working. That's a separate issue. Have Mediacom and see that they have, or are, switching from Zap2it to Rovi. Not sure what that means for me. I had tried MANY zip codes, but could not find one that worked. Have spent the last 2 days, on another computer, trying to get the tv guide to update. but it just comes up with no tv listings.

I have read lots of forums, have changed the host file, etc, have set up DNS rather than dhcp, etc... nothing is working. I am "assuming" that in order for the IP addresses in the host file to work for me, I should be able to ping them, correct? Any IP addresses that I see in forums, I can only get a response back from one of the two DNS servers, not both. I am "assuming" that both DNS servers would have to respond back to me in a ping, otherwise they aren't going to work, correct? How do I find IP addresses that will work for me? Don't mean to hijack this thread with multiple questions.

Thank you,
Brenda

Scallica

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by Scallica » Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:11 pm

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/wind ... ture-packs

Please discuss EPG issues in the existing threads.
HTPC Enthusiast / Forum Moderator - TGB.tv Code of Conduct