Lost signal & OOB lock - PCIe 6

Ask fellow members about Ceton's infiniTV tuners here.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
londonfog

HTPC Specs: Show details

Lost signal & OOB lock - PCIe 6

Post by londonfog » Tue Aug 04, 2015 12:16 am

Hi Everyone,
I was in the middle of setting up my HTPC and all seemed to be well the first week. Mind you, I had the case completely open and sitting in a temporary spot, but I had a signal, and shows were being recorded while I setup all the initial settings and apps. When I was satisfied with everything I shut the computer down, placed the sides on the tower and closed everything up.

Well wouldn't you know it when I set everything up in it's permanent spot, the tuner no longer connected to any channels. I checked the Ceton Tool and the setup steps show a question mark in the OOB lock step, and then a "Channel not found in channel list or signal too poor" in step 9, but everything else seems fine.

My current setup:
i3-530
16gb of Ram
wmc 7
120gb ssd for OS
1tb HDD for recording tv
Nvidia GTX 460 SE 768MB
Ceton Infinitv 6 PCIe running latest non-beta FIrmware
FIOS 50/50 internet & TV
Channel List received - 806 channels - step 8
Coax is coming from a splitter that splits to the FIOS Router and the HTPC
I still have the original Cable box and it works if I plug it in.

I'd say the one custom thing I have in this whole setup is a 6gb ramdisk created by a DRAM disk USB 3.0 thumbdrive. I have completed the steps to map the Live TV buffer to this drive, and it was working earlier, although I hadn't adjusted the buffer size before moving the computer to the permanent spot. Here is the drive if anyone is interested:
http://www.amazon.com/Super-Talent-Flas ... B00EO2BCC0
The only thing that I have to remember to do with the drive is re-initiate it every time I restart the computer, not including sleep/away mode. I might have forgotten to re-initiate it the first time I started up after relocating the computer, but it's been on ever since.

I'll add more as I think of it. Thanks in advance for any help!

**EDIT 1** I tried tuning a basic HD channel and I still get the question mark for OOB lock, but step 9 says "Tuning Channel ### failed, could not acquire Signal PCR lock"

adam1991

Post by adam1991 » Tue Aug 04, 2015 2:12 am

yeah, back in March after 4 years my Ceton PCIe 4 suddenly gave this same problem. No OOB lock.

Everything pointed at the cableCARD, but multiple cards and nada.

I finally gave up. This simply accelerated by a month or so my decision to cut pay TV.

londonfog

Post by londonfog » Wed Aug 05, 2015 11:41 am

adam1991 wrote:yeah, back in March after 4 years my Ceton PCIe 4 suddenly gave this same problem. No OOB lock.

Everything pointed at the cableCARD, but multiple cards and nada.

I finally gave up. This simply accelerated by a month or so my decision to cut pay TV.
Well considering how much I just spent on everything, I'd rather avoid that, lol

JohnW248

Post by JohnW248 » Sat Aug 08, 2015 12:35 am

Have you checked the web gui and not just the diagnostic tool? Open the web gui which will probably open on the system tab and click on the cableCARD tab and look at everything on that page. It will show if you have an OOB lock and the signal level. You can also click on each tuner which opens on status and then click on tuner and you can manually enter a channel number and click on SET. If it has a channel map it should go to a program number and then you'll have results for signal level and s/n for the channel.

Since the computer has moved, the first thing to check and verify is the RF connection.

Check back with data but include your area, cable company, type of cableCARD you're using and if you have SDV. If the problem is the buffer you can always switch it to a spinning drive if you get decent settings on the web gui.

londonfog

Post by londonfog » Sat Sep 12, 2015 8:19 pm

JohnW248 wrote:Have you checked the web gui and not just the diagnostic tool? Open the web gui which will probably open on the system tab and click on the cableCARD tab and look at everything on that page. It will show if you have an OOB lock and the signal level. You can also click on each tuner which opens on status and then click on tuner and you can manually enter a channel number and click on SET. If it has a channel map it should go to a program number and then you'll have results for signal level and s/n for the channel.

Since the computer has moved, the first thing to check and verify is the RF connection.

Check back with data but include your area, cable company, type of cableCARD you're using and if you have SDV. If the problem is the buffer you can always switch it to a spinning drive if you get decent settings on the web gui.
I replaced the RF dongle and got my signal back, that thing is sensitive.

Thanks for the help.