Video image stopping but stream is still recording

SoNic67

HTPC Specs: Show details

Video image stopping but stream is still recording

Post by SoNic67 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:23 am

This is a WMC with HDHomerun Prime tuner.
Lately I have this problem: At random times, my video will stop being displayed on TV screen. After a few seconds, the video comes back. After that, I can skip back to the portion of time that the issue happened, and the recording is fine there. If I was pressing quickly the 'jump back' button, sometimes it was starting to work.
Video card is a older nVidia GT 610.
That made me believe that the issue is with the video card was recovering from an error, and the rest of the system is OK.
But I tried now a different video card nVidia Quadro 600 and I have slightly different issue. When is the time for the hiccup to happen, it will just shut down the WMC interface, with a Windows error message.
Restarting the WMC interface shows that the show was still recording (of course, if it wasn't just a live event).

Not sure if this is because of heating inside by box - I tried to lower the card frequency a smidge and modify the fan profile. It seemed to help, but I still get those random crashes. With the Quadro card are much less often, but it still happens.

Any ideas what to try next? Are there any logs that I can check?