HD Channels display as SD NYC Cablevision

Global guide related discussion. All Windows versions.
Doctor Feelgood

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by Doctor Feelgood » Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:24 pm

I've noticed that the kid's range of SD channels (121-130) now has some pretty crazy thumb nails, although the guide data is perfect. One channel only shows images from cooking shows, one looks like obscure mysteries, and one looked like foreign programming, despite them all being cartoons, etc. Pretty funny (if a short term problem), but it messes up my little guy who can't read yet, but does fine matching numbers to the thumbnails of shows he wants to watch.

AnneM

Post by AnneM » Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:57 pm

Yeah, I noticed incorrect thumbnail images on shows last night too. Can't remember where so I'll take a closer look tonight and report the issue. What a mess this has been.

markfromBrooklyn

Post by markfromBrooklyn » Mon Jul 27, 2015 5:59 pm

HD channels working again Brooklyn Cablevision.

I am on Brooklyn Cablevision, and had lost HD channels. Several days ago I received an email from Microsoft Connect advising that a workaround would be in place by this weekend. After it did not work I connected them again and received an email saying: "Did you select the iO digital cable option in the tuner setup that did NOT say HD in the name? Ironically the non HD source is the one that has the HD channels added!"

I ran setup and used the totally non intuitive choice of "Cablevision Systems Brooklyn Digital" instead of the "Cablevision Systems HD Brooklyn Digital" and I now have HD channels again. I did have to make multiple attempt before I was able to download the new channel lineups. I had 5 or 6 error messages saying. of "Download Failure", but I just went back and tried again. It finally worked. I am in zip code 11238.

You may need to check assigned sources for each channel, but I finally have HD channels again.

I suggest continuing to report all problems with channel lineups or guide information to:
https://connect.microsoft.com/site1145/Feedback

AnneM

Post by AnneM » Mon Jul 27, 2015 6:29 pm

That was me Mark! I'm LILass on Microsoft Connect. I don't work for Microsoft. Just sharing what I learned over there. Glad I could help you out.

J3ff

Post by J3ff » Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:27 am

Not sure exactly what is going on but I lost a whole bunch of series recordings.

One example is NBC nightly news, 630 pm on channel 4.

It totally fell off, no recordings of it scheduled.

I go back to record it as a series on channel 704 and it says it's going to record it on a different channel. We'll see.

snoop168

Post by snoop168 » Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:18 pm

Anyone have issues with guide freezing up when scrolling through now? It's especially noticeable when I scroll through quickly it pretty much stops on one channel for about 10-15 seconds. On extenders once this happens all my remote control clicks pretty much queue up and are really delayed. I'm asking in this thread because this has only happened ever since the whole rovi guide debacle.

Doctor Feelgood

Post by Doctor Feelgood » Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:30 pm

snoop168 wrote:Anyone have issues with guide freezing up when scrolling through now? It's especially noticeable when I scroll through quickly it pretty much stops on one channel for about 10-15 seconds. On extenders once this happens all my remote control clicks pretty much queue up and are really delayed. I'm asking in this thread because this has only happened ever since the whole rovi guide debacle.
I have seen that on an XBOX360 extender, not on my main HTPC... It looks like the thumbnail image takes a while to load (it has been mentioned that the artwork is way too large elsewhere), and if I click before the image has loaded those clicks are queued up... And then the impatient double clicks all spill out. That extender is on powerline adapter - I'll have to see if the hardwired one does that, too.

snoop168

Post by snoop168 » Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:50 pm

The extender I am testing with is in fact an xb360 I am wired though with gigabit. But like I said (or at least I meant to say) I do notice the freeze on the htpc also, except it's a simple freeze on one channel usually and once it starts responding again the lag of the buttons is not as noticable/annoying on the main pc.

AnneM

Post by AnneM » Tue Jul 28, 2015 2:25 pm

snoop168 wrote:Anyone have issues with guide freezing up when scrolling through now? It's especially noticeable when I scroll through quickly it pretty much stops on one channel for about 10-15 seconds. On extenders once this happens all my remote control clicks pretty much queue up and are really delayed. I'm asking in this thread because this has only happened ever since the whole rovi guide debacle.
Yes I am experiencing this on my HTPC as well.

snoop168

Post by snoop168 » Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:08 pm

AnneM wrote: Yes I am experiencing this on my HTPC as well.
Just since the guide updates? Or prior to that also?

Diverge

Post by Diverge » Thu Jul 30, 2015 2:57 am

I'm having this issue as well on my xbox360.. it was driving me nuts.. thought something was wrong with my xbox.

On a side note; I'm not happy with cablevisions changes. Now that the put HD and SD on the same channels, it seems I gotta get a tuning adapter again, since i picked the HD channel lineup, channels are listed as HD, but content is SD w/ stereo sound..

glugglug

Post by glugglug » Thu Jul 30, 2015 5:21 am

Diverge wrote:
I'm having this issue as well on my xbox360.. it was driving me nuts.. thought something was wrong with my xbox.
http://www.thegreenbutton.tv/forums/vie ... 251#p92251

topdown

Post by topdown » Thu Jul 30, 2015 2:09 pm

mercblue281 wrote:Selecting non-HD digital lineup now works for Cablevision 'Hauppauge' customers. Wasn't showing 700's last night - now it is. PROGRESS!
WMC-digital lineup.png
Zip code 11953
I tried this zipcode last night and it worked. It now says sd and cablecard lineup. I haven't tried woodbury cablevision yet but I'm happy to be back to normal. And I too experience sluggish scrolling on wmc running on windows 7. Thank you to everyone who submitted all the helpful information.

markfromBrooklyn

Post by markfromBrooklyn » Thu Jul 30, 2015 8:13 pm

AnneM wrote:That was me Mark! I'm LILass on Microsoft Connect. I don't work for Microsoft. Just sharing what I learned over there. Glad I could help you out.
Thank you.
Thank you

Doctor Feelgood

Post by Doctor Feelgood » Fri Jul 31, 2015 1:34 am

Trying to resolve the XBOX 360 extender issue, I reran TV setup today and see there is a new set of choices for providers... One said something like "Cablevision SD and Cablecard" - don't think it changed anything, but it may be the more final answer to the guide data. Still needed the host file edit to remove the tremendous images.

jec6613

Post by jec6613 » Sat Aug 01, 2015 4:38 pm

As of five days ago, my 700 channels re-appeared.

It seems that Cablevision stopped supplying guide data for the 700 channels, to any provider, when they dropped them from their cable boxes, and then decided to re-add it later (since TiVO CC solutions can get the guide data from the CC itself as well). All is well again in my house. :)

J3ff

Post by J3ff » Sun Aug 02, 2015 11:57 pm

still cant get NBC nightly news to record every single day, I guess Ill just make a manual recording every night at 630. so annoying.

Ladislaus

Post by Ladislaus » Mon Aug 03, 2015 3:13 pm

J3ff wrote:still cant get NBC nightly news to record every single day, I guess Ill just make a manual recording every night at 630. so annoying.
Later this week (Aug. 5th or 6th), I saw that "NBC Nightly News with Lester Holt" is set to start recording as a series again. (I'm guessing that the attribute flags for the show were corrected from that date forward.) Only a few more days or "1 off" recordings to go, before that series [at least] resumes normal functioning.

docluv01

Post by docluv01 » Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:19 pm

so it seems Cablevision fixed my area (10710). I now have the 700's.

However, I actualy found it easier to add my channels manually with my remappings, rather than going in and renumbering.

Only thing is, when the guide updates, it fubar's my manually added lineup. Is there anyway to prevent this?

thanks!

kwhite6

Post by kwhite6 » Sun Aug 09, 2015 2:57 am

In Zip 10454 the guide is now listed as Digital Cable(CableCard):Optimum SD and CableCard Bronx Digital
If you select the wrong one your 800 channels will be in SD. 700 channels are all good.