HD Channels display as SD NYC Cablevision

Global guide related discussion. All Windows versions.
markfromBrooklyn

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by markfromBrooklyn » Sun Jul 19, 2015 12:54 pm

I am attempting to download the latest channel lineup for Cablevision Brooklyn, and it has been showing Windows Media Center is downloading the latest setup data for your region for almost an hour. I wonder whether I should cancel and try again, or just leave it for a few hours? Any ideas?

mercblue281

Post by mercblue281 » Sun Jul 19, 2015 1:48 pm

Seems to be taking an exceptionally long time for these operations. Don't kill it though BC at least in my case they have been finishing.
I did see ms security essentials was bloated to 1.5 GB of ram at these times. I believe it's scanning the downloads and that's part of the problem.

vvorontsov

Post by vvorontsov » Sun Jul 19, 2015 5:30 pm

Got a phone call from Cablevision yesterday (Saturday). They are working with Rovi to resolve an issue in next 24-48 hours. Today get updated TV Guide. To more duplicates channels. But all 700s removed completely except few HD only channels as Palladia and Live Well.

New Jersey, 07852
Windows 7 SP1 x64 Ultimate with Windows Media Center. Ceton InfiniTV 4 PCIe. 2 Linksys DMA2100, 2 Xbox 360 as extenders.

rsa

Post by rsa » Sun Jul 19, 2015 8:29 pm

I've been beating my head against the wall for days trying to get my WMC guide to work properly. I finally had the brilliant idea that maybe I'm not the only one having problems. How stupid was that. Anyway, thanks to F/ms/cv/rovi I was able to use the Hamilton NJ zipcode (08609) successfully. I wonder how long before the Hamilton guide goes away too.

I'm in 07712 zip.

golfdude

Post by golfdude » Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:31 pm

the cablevision listing updated for me where it only shows each channel once, but still is missing the 700's, with only sd chanels listed

the new channel locations are correct, even the future changes are there, albeit with a no service error for those channels since they havent moved yet, but are still SD Only, and missing the main 700 HD channels..

deihmos

Post by deihmos » Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:45 am

golfdude wrote:the cablevision listing updated for me where it only shows each channel once, but still is missing the 700's, with only sd chanels listed

the new channel locations are correct, even the future changes are there, albeit with a no service error for those channels since they havent moved yet, but are still SD Only, and missing the main 700 HD channels..
They added a new lineup labeled HD Cable but all I have is SD channels. What are these people doing?

Scallica

Post by Scallica » Tue Jul 21, 2015 1:12 am

F/ms/cv/rovi wrote:For Cablevision customers, use the Hamilton NJ zipcode (08609) on set up (WMC) because it is still working.

Using that zip will give you back both the upper 600's and 700 channels to appear in the guide for HD.
Thanks for the suggestion; it worked perfectly.
HTPC Enthusiast / Forum Moderator - TGB.tv Code of Conduct

J3ff

Post by J3ff » Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:35 pm

And of course call up cablevision and demand some credits.. I don't care about calling rovi , etc... they are the ones I pay!

Skybolt

Post by Skybolt » Tue Jul 21, 2015 8:53 pm

F/ms/cv/rovi wrote:For Cablevision customers, use the Hamilton NJ zipcode (08609) on set up (WMC) because it is still working.

Using that zip will give you back both the upper 600's and 700 channels to appear in the guide for HD.
Thanks, This zip is still working as of today!

Doctor Feelgood

Post by Doctor Feelgood » Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:51 pm

That Zip is pretty good - even for me in Northern NJ. I posted in the other main thread on this that Rovi just emailed me that the Cablevision lineup is "updated" and the guide should be populated within 5 days... We'll see.

Skybolt

Post by Skybolt » Wed Jul 22, 2015 1:55 pm

Doctor Feelgood wrote:That Zip is pretty good - even for me in Northern NJ.
Well I spoke too soon, it tanked again this morning. ... I guess well just have to wait and see if they actually update everyone.

Ladislaus

Post by Ladislaus » Wed Jul 22, 2015 3:27 pm

Scallica wrote:

Thanks for the suggestion; it worked perfectly.
As of late last night (7/21/2015) or early this morning (7/22/2015), the Hamilton, NJ (08609) channel guide no longer supports the 700s range after being updated by WMC's normal guide data update routines (i.e., I didn't touch WMC). The HD channels worked fine last night (before going to bed) and no longer did this morning (while checking the morning news).

So long Optimum (Cablevision) HD channels, it's been nice knowing ya...

:wave:

Welcome Optimum (Cablevision) SD channels! (I swear I don't remember these channels being so darn blurry.)

:clap:

Ugh (from NJ).

Skybolt

Post by Skybolt » Wed Jul 22, 2015 5:19 pm

Ok so I contacted Rovi, they are at least willing to try and help, waiting for the second response from them. I also called Cablevision, that was, well you know how that went. They are being firm and stating that the issue is with the provider and we need to take it up with MS.

I am going to wait on Rovi for more info.

I am in Long Island, NY 11790.

epete

Post by epete » Wed Jul 22, 2015 5:21 pm

I had an IM chat with Optimum to let them know I was dissatisfied. Optimum seems to be using the Zap2It to Rovi conversion as the excuse even though they fully understand the issue. It is a bit insulting to get that as the response. They put me on a list for a call back when the problem is resolved. Then about 5 minutes after getting off the IM I got a call from Optimum (at least that is what caller ID said). Now I know the problem isnt fixed... And there was no one on the other end of that call. (My Zip 07920 NJ)

I was going to connect my HDHomerun (OTA) to get my locals back but I see the HDHR is no longer working The LED comes on then fades away and IP connectivity doesn't seem to occur. Its just going to be one of those days. Why are HDHR OTA tuners so expensive? Anyone have a used one they aren't using anymore?

eric90066

Post by eric90066 » Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:34 pm

What's really frustrating now, if any one is using guide tool to get the 700 channels back please let me know if this is happening to you, the subscription function seems to get borked for no good reason. I had to go back into guide tool and resubscribe all the HD channels again to get the proper guide information to display. If not done regularly, the recorded shows do not get recorded. What a mess. :crazy:

epete

Post by epete » Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:51 pm

eric90066 wrote:What's really frustrating now, if any one is using guide tool to get the 700 channels back please let me know if this is happening to you, the subscription function seems to get borked for no good reason. I had to go back into guide tool and resubscribe all the HD channels again to get the proper guide information to display. If not done regularly, the recorded shows do not get recorded. What a mess. :crazy:
I was trying to decide if it was worth the trouble figuring out how to use the guide tool. I think I now have my answer. I have also put in an email to Rovi. I am hoping the more Cablevision and Rovi hear from us the faster we get a solution.

Skybolt

Post by Skybolt » Wed Jul 22, 2015 8:27 pm

Wow, this is getting so disappointing. It is starting to look like this may not get resolved for me. Cablevision in my area isn't acknowledging there is an issue, although they sent to this thread and the one at silicon dust ... They hear WMC and then they say we don't support that.

I am away all next week on vacation. If this isn't resolved by then I guess I need to start looking into other options. Man does that suck. Has anyone else been thinking along those lines? Or are you convinced that they are going to fix this? Remember we are talking about MS and Cablevision, two entities that don't care about us little fish.

epete

Post by epete » Thu Jul 23, 2015 12:46 am

was also thinking of other options. All I need is one reliable 4 channel HD tuner and a way to distribute that throughout the house. I dont need commercial skip but do want the 30S Skip forward function. It would also be nice to watch the recorded content on a PC. I just need Locals and a handful of cable channels. Wondering if Dish or DirecTV has any reasonable offers. If I drop VoIP which I dont use and the CATV, the $ of internet will probably go up to something like $60 to $70 per month. so I would probably only want to spend another $30 on TV and guide service.

Better yet, I can find most of what I want on Netflix, Amazon and Hulu Plus + Usenet. I dont need any sports packages, but I will miss live news.

kwhite6

Post by kwhite6 » Thu Jul 23, 2015 2:17 am

Just went to remove the NJ zip code as it is no longer working. WMC is now listing 2 different guides for CableVision one that says HD and one that doesn't. TVGuide.com now has a special listing for Cablevision cablecard customers.
The listing that doesn't say HD is not correct, will test the other later.

mercblue281

Post by mercblue281 » Thu Jul 23, 2015 2:40 am

Cablevision acknowledging issue but if Rovi is developing a fix they aren't moving quickly to get it on the epg and tv data servers. Totally frustrated b/c my htps can't even download new zip codes data info.