WMC automatically changing which HD it's recording to

rhino23hookem

HTPC Specs: Show details

WMC automatically changing which HD it's recording to

Post by rhino23hookem » Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:57 pm

I have multiple hard drives installed to record tv shows, using my PC as a DVR. One drive is full so I go into the WMC Recording settings and change it to record to a different drive (one that I have been using to record in the past and is mapped). The new drive is saved in the settings and it appears to work as I look at my future recordings and they have enough space to be recorded. About 10 minutes later, WMC automatically switches from the drive I told it to record to and attempts to record to the full one. I have rebooted and exited WMC and nothing seems to help. I switch recording between my three drives all the time and this is the first time I have encountered this problem.

audinutt

Post by audinutt » Wed Jul 08, 2015 3:16 am

Time to offload the recordings sorry not really helpful

choliscott

Post by choliscott » Wed Jul 08, 2015 3:26 am

Not sure what would cause that, but since you mentioned you had to manually switch between drives, have you tried using WMC Storage pooler?

http://exdeus.home.comcast.net/~exdeus/ ... agePooler/

rhino23hookem

Post by rhino23hookem » Wed Jul 08, 2015 3:58 am

I have not tried the WMC storage pooler. Since I have Windows 8, do you suggest going that route verses installing the one from the link?

poohbah

Post by poohbah » Wed Jul 08, 2015 4:13 am

Also look at drivepool.

DavidinCT

Post by DavidinCT » Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:22 pm

rhino23hookem wrote:I have multiple hard drives installed to record tv shows, using my PC as a DVR. One drive is full so I go into the WMC Recording settings and change it to record to a different drive (one that I have been using to record in the past and is mapped). The new drive is saved in the settings and it appears to work as I look at my future recordings and they have enough space to be recorded. About 10 minutes later, WMC automatically switches from the drive I told it to record to and attempts to record to the full one. I have rebooted and exited WMC and nothing seems to help. I switch recording between my three drives all the time and this is the first time I have encountered this problem.
I've seen this before, Check in the registry to see where the recordings are set, under HKLM Media Center\Services\Recorder (i'm doing this off the top of my head)

It might not of grabbed that change, So if you go into the registry, change the setting manually, then reboot, it should fix your problem.

It's funny, almost 85% of the settings in WMC, just does a simple registry setting.
-Dave
Twitter @TheCoolDave

Windows Media Center certified and WMC MVP 2010 - 2012