Find where recordings are coming from

bigjohns97

HTPC Specs: Show details

Find where recordings are coming from

Post by bigjohns97 » Mon Jun 22, 2015 9:57 pm

I am having an issue where my media center keeps recording some weird recordings (all on the same channel) and i will go in a cancel them and then they will come back.

Is there anywhere to tell where recordings are coming from, i have mediabrowser with serverwmc installed as well.

newfiend

Post by newfiend » Tue Jun 23, 2015 1:18 am

bigjohns97 wrote:I am having an issue where my media center keeps recording some weird recordings (all on the same channel) and i will go in a cancel them and then they will come back.

Is there anywhere to tell where recordings are coming from, i have mediabrowser with serverwmc installed as well.
if you remove ServerWMC do the phantom recordings stop? Try removing ServerWMC and see if it stops.
newfiend~

DavidinCT

Post by DavidinCT » Tue Jun 23, 2015 1:13 pm

bigjohns97 wrote:I am having an issue where my media center keeps recording some weird recordings (all on the same channel) and i will go in a cancel them and then they will come back.

You can always go in MC and look over Series and recording history, this might give a little clue if it's something in WMC that is causing this.
-Dave
Twitter @TheCoolDave

Windows Media Center certified and WMC MVP 2010 - 2012

CyberSimian

Post by CyberSimian » Wed Jun 24, 2015 5:29 pm

Are these programmes that you or someone else in your household scheduled to record in the past?

If a recording fails to take place, or is interrupted part-way through, WMC remembers that the recording request was not completed, and will keep a look out for that programme for the remainder of eternity, until such time as the programme is broadcast again and WMC can record it.

This is particularly perplexing for one-off recording requests, because until that programme appears in the EPG, there is nothing in the recording schedule to indicate that the failed programme will record again. I am not sure what happens with series recording requests.

The simplest solution may be to allow these programmes to record. If that does not solve the problem, formatting your C: drive and re-installing Windows will (probably) work.

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

raphsp3aks

Post by raphsp3aks » Mon Feb 22, 2016 5:52 am

I am having this same issue! Did you by any chance have plex installed and configured with your system? I have the 'playwmc' channel installed, and for some reason I see that Plex is making schedule recording requests but I have no idea how, or why. Stumped...

Any ideas? Did you ever end up getting this resolved?