Moving cable card to a new tuner

Ask about SiliconDusts HomeRun tuners here.
Beerman

HTPC Specs: Show details

Moving cable card to a new tuner

Post by Beerman » Sat Jun 06, 2015 2:47 pm

So if my cable card is paired and working fine with a Ceton device and I take it out of the Ceton device and put it into a Silicon Prime, does it have to be re-paired? I don't know if it's the card that is being paired, the box that is being paired or the card TO the box that is being paired.
I'd rather avoid calling the cable company because they are 10 times more ignorant about these things than I am. Getting someone who knows how to pair a card is painful with Cox.

Sharks

Post by Sharks » Sat Jun 06, 2015 3:53 pm

Hello,
I believe the answer is yes you will have to repair the card to the new device. I would try this phone number: Cox: 888-556-1193 as it is given be Ceton to be their "cable card" helpline. The other suggestion I would give is if they have issues just say you got a new tivo unit and go from there.
-Sharks

Beerman

Post by Beerman » Sat Jun 06, 2015 5:16 pm

LOL, I've been using cable cards since 2006 and actually tested the first OCUR device for Microsoft. Back then, MS actually 'phone trained' some local Cox techs about what was needed. That lasted only months and I've yet to get things taken care of in one phone call. They always want to roll a truck but in reality, they simply don't care much about cable cards.
Thanks for the number.

Crash2009

Post by Crash2009 » Sat Jun 06, 2015 7:08 pm

Seems that I always have to make 3 phone calls to get paired. Call 1 and 2 tell you to wait a certain amount of time. I don't wait any more. 1,2,3 done.

Sharks

Post by Sharks » Sat Jun 06, 2015 7:12 pm

Fair enough, and to be honest I'm on Comcast and have no XP with Cox but the number Ceton gave for Comcast's cable card line worked perfectly for me so hopefully cox number will do the same thing for you.