Reassigning Specific Tuner

Ask fellow members about Ceton's infiniTV tuners here.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
belement

HTPC Specs: Show details

Reassigning Specific Tuner

Post by belement » Wed May 06, 2015 3:39 am

Sorry if this is a common issue but I have been google searching everywhere for it with no luck. I have a infinitv6 pcie installed in a media server which feeds my home network of htpcs and pcs. I have 3 tuners assigned to the server for recording and the others on other pcs in the house. One of the htpcs crashed and required a reformat but the network tuner is still assigned to the pervious install of windows(7). I know I can reset all tuners and reassign them but wanted to know if there was a way to just unassign that specific tuner?

JohnW248

Post by JohnW248 » Wed May 06, 2015 4:50 am

I don't think tuner sharing is supported on anything except the ETH 6, but in any event, go to the Ceton Diagnostic Utility and there is a button to reset the tuner back to factory. Once you do that you'll have to reset-up all the tuners for all the machines again.

But that should get you started. You'll need to clear the tuners on each machine with the diagnostic utility and then go through the discovery and tv setup again. Good luck.

belement

Post by belement » Wed May 06, 2015 10:34 pm

I appreciate it, that's what I was afraid of. I wanted to see if I could just do 1 tuner and not have to do all of them.