Unusual Ceton driver issue

Ask fellow members about Ceton's infiniTV tuners here.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
vanpsmtg

HTPC Specs: Show details

Unusual Ceton driver issue

Post by vanpsmtg » Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:19 pm

I am just curious if anyone else has had a similar problem.
Long story short: I received my InfiniTV-4 12/07/10. I installed it and it worked great, I never updated anything. In June of 2011 I thought I would try the network bridging option. In order to do that I had to upgrade my drivers, HW & FW. After doing that my tuners would drop out at least daily for a few seconds and then come back by themselves and work again. I worked with Ceton to resolve the issue (they were great in there effort to help me resolve the issue) but nothing they suggested solved the problem. The problem only occurred on my HTPC, everything worked fine when I moved the InfiniTV to my test PC. I finally un-installed the latest driver package I was using and installed the original driver package from 11/22/2010 I first used. That solved my problem, it works perfectly again, I just will not be able to bridge it now.

adam1991

Post by adam1991 » Fri Nov 04, 2011 4:29 pm

thank you for confirming, if it ain't broken I ain't fixin' it.

vanpsmtg

Post by vanpsmtg » Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:20 pm

That is normaly my policy as well, but I wanted to try the bridging in order to share one tuner with my Grandaughter.

erkotz

Post by erkotz » Sat Nov 05, 2011 5:03 pm

Dropping when using bridging is often the result of a buggy/poor quality NIC being bridged with. That said, the newer drivers attempt to be more resilient against NIC driver issues.
Quality Assurance Manager, Ceton Corporation

vanpsmtg

Post by vanpsmtg » Sun Nov 06, 2011 1:41 pm

erkotz wrote:Dropping when using bridging is often the result of a buggy/poor quality NIC being bridged with. That said, the newer drivers attempt to be more resilient against NIC driver issues.
I wasn't very detailed in my description of the problem because I wanted to be brief. The problem continued after I reverted to the standard un-bridged configuration, so the nic was no longer an issue. I worked extensively with your cohort Michael trying to solve this issue. It would take too much time to elaborate on all the things I tried to solve this. It was only after I reverted back to my original drivers (ceton_infinitv_setup_20101027_1_0_1_17.exe) from 11/22/10 that the problem ceased. The newer drivers didn't work with my HTPC. They did work with my test PC though.