Remote control depressing SHIFT, CTRL, ALT and other keys

A place to talk about GPUs/Motherboards/CPUs/Cases/Remotes, etc.
Crash2009

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by Crash2009 » Sun Mar 01, 2015 3:42 pm

matthers wrote:Yes there is a keyboard, but having it sitting there not being used doesn't mean that's the issue, and to prove it i removed the batteries from it. I also ruled out the RF handheld remote also by using the infrared TV remote control which came with the TV to trigger the depressed keys issue, which is, the PC thinks keys are being held down on a keyboard. Yes, without a keyboard even connected. Why do I think this is whats going on? Because I'm running the program in Windows called OnScreen Keyboard which displays keys are being held down. So putting in a new keyboard ain't going to do anything cos I'm not even connecting the one i have now and still have the problem when i use the Samsung TV IR remote.
I am familiar with the Windows Onscreen Keyboard, I have one of my own. Mine, however, is unaffected by my Samsung UN32D5500RF Tv's remote. My TV and HTPC are within 3 feet of each other. Because of that, this leads me to believe that there is something going on at your particular location. It appears that no one else on this planet has this same problem as you have. The Chrome problem was suggested to you very early in the post, and one way or another, you eliminated that possibility.

My 2nd suggestion is that you remove the Gyration Keyboard and transmitter from system 2. Clear the error state of the onscreen keyboard. Plug in a normal keyboard (USB-PS2-something wired) Then turn on the onscreen keyboard to confirm it is not in an error state (in other words all keys good) I don't know any other way besides rebooting. Then try and break it using the TV's remote. Elimination of suspects, easy stuff.

3rd little quirk just popped up. I think my Samsung has an RF remote. Are you sure yours is IR?
Attachments
KeyboardOnscreen.JPG