Used Infinitv4 PCIe in new computer

Ask fellow members about Ceton's infiniTV tuners here.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
JayZe73

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by JayZe73 » Thu Feb 19, 2015 2:05 am

cwinfield wrote:The DHCP should be enabled & DNS should all be blank... What happens if you try doing a reset now :/
OK I think I had it for a second. I reset in the diagnostic tool. It told me to restart the computer, The blue light went solid and the tuner started to appear just as a clicked reboot. After I rebooted the light is just flashing again.
Stupid question tho. You said DHCP should be enabled. Mine says no as shown in the picture here. How do I enable it?
6.jpg

cwinfield

Post by cwinfield » Thu Feb 19, 2015 2:07 am

Ok now change the setting back to auto, revert what you just did essentially. Next I would try to uninstall, including drivers & reinstall. DHCP is in the webpage under network settings. until you can access that without the bridged settings causing any changes not to take it wont work.

JayZe73

Post by JayZe73 » Thu Feb 19, 2015 2:33 am

OK I am up and running as long as I manually setup the IPv4 address, subnet, and Gateway.
DO I just check this box as shown for the DHCP?
7.jpg

cwinfield

Post by cwinfield » Thu Feb 19, 2015 2:35 am

Yes, so you got it fixed that's great!

JayZe73

Post by JayZe73 » Thu Feb 19, 2015 2:37 am

Thanks a lot for all your help everyone! I really do appreciate it a lot.

Crash2009

Post by Crash2009 » Thu Feb 19, 2015 2:45 am

You got some pointers on the 3 places you need to go WMC, Win7 Network, and the Ceton Software. One other place you might want to try is Device manager-Click on the tuner and un-install.

One other thing, (Install Ceton over an Install) will kick in to un-install mode. There is a check box to reset the tuner to factory. After that, when you reinstall fresh MAKE Sure to de-select Network Tuners. I think that will clean up WMC.

Crash2009

Post by Crash2009 » Thu Feb 19, 2015 2:48 am

Great! If the left one don't get ya the right one will. Congratulations! Nice job as usual CW. Don't ya love it when they say it cant be done?

cwinfield

Post by cwinfield » Thu Feb 19, 2015 2:51 am

Indeed, Crash. Maybe Sancho can fix his using this as a guide. Sometimes I think Ceton should be paying me for tech support.

Crash2009

Post by Crash2009 » Thu Feb 19, 2015 2:53 am

JayZe73

Post by JayZe73 » Thu Feb 19, 2015 2:59 am

Crash2009 wrote:http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/dow ... Down=false Here's your NIC driver
Thanks

Crash2009

Post by Crash2009 » Thu Feb 19, 2015 2:59 am

cwinfield wrote:Indeed, Crash. Maybe Sancho can fix his using this as a guide. Sometimes I think Ceton should be paying me for tech support.
It helps when the helpee is co-operative. Thanks Jay, wish there were more like you!

JayZe73

Post by JayZe73 » Thu Feb 19, 2015 3:03 am

Now I need to call Comcast and have them send another signal to my card my movies channels aren't working

Crash2009

Post by Crash2009 » Thu Feb 19, 2015 3:12 am

Get a System Image and Restore Point done ASAP, so you can always get back to this point in the future.

Name it something like Fixed the Tuner.

Then do another after you get the NIC done.

And another one after WMC is working correctly.
Attachments
RestorePoint.jpg
SystemImage.jpg

Crash2009

Post by Crash2009 » Thu Feb 19, 2015 3:14 am

JayZe73 wrote:Now I need to call Comcast and have them send another signal to my card my movies channels aren't working
I think the CableCard Dept is 1-800-934-6489

Sancho

Post by Sancho » Sat Feb 21, 2015 2:17 am

cwinfield wrote:Indeed, Crash. Maybe Sancho can fix his using this as a guide. Sometimes I think Ceton should be paying me for tech support.
I'm willing to give it a shot. I can try the "defective" card in a PC that's currently configured as a Network Tuner client, but on which the powerline solution is inconsistent at best. I'm going to retry Network Tuners using my 5G network (only one in the 'hood) once I get the new WiFi NIC for the host, but I'll have some down time in which to play. I'll re-read this thread, but is there a concise set of steps to try? I've tried everything I read herein up to your post, cwinfield, with the exception of the Advanced Network settings. That was new to me, so thanks (was it crash?) for sharing that info.

If I could get the "defective" card working, by which I mean, be able to reset the IP address and flash the latest pre-beta firmware, I'd be tempted to switch back to it, as its hardware version is 6912 vs. 6829 on the used one I picked up on eBay.

Glad the OP got it sorted with some stellar tech support. It gives me a little more impetus to try my "defective" card one more time.

Cheers.

Crash2009

Post by Crash2009 » Sat Feb 21, 2015 5:22 am

Sancho wrote: I'll re-read this thread, but is there a concise set of steps to try?
JaZee was busy reading and trying what CW and I were suggesting. I don't know what CW was thinking. I wasn't sure what JaZee was trying, I was still suggesting new stuff when it had been fixed 3 minutes prior.

http://www.thegreenbutton.tv/forums/vie ... 838#p22838 This post is where JohnW suggested the ALT/Advanced thing to me for my first time using it. We went pretty slow and documented a bunch of stuff in a week long part time process. JaZee was fixed in minutes. I think we should get JaZees input. He was running the keyboard.

Crash2009

Post by Crash2009 » Sat Feb 21, 2015 5:52 am

Sancho, lets try this again and document everything, maybe we can come up with the steps required. PM me when you get close to installing the locked up card in your spare WMC. That one will have to be totally de-configured from being a network client to your main WMC. You likely want to do an image, in case you want to go back.

Crash2009

Post by Crash2009 » Sat Feb 21, 2015 7:14 am

Sancho wrote: is there a concise set of steps to try? I've tried everything I read herein up to your post, cwinfield, with the exception of the Advanced Network settings. That was new to me, so thanks (was it crash?) for sharing that info.
Post #66 summarizes what I/we suggested to open it up.

WMC network tuners reset tuner.
Win7 Alt advanced Bridging No
Ceton Software reset tuner

# 58 is where CW put it back together

Win 7 Manually set the IP subnet (would that be give it a static)
Ceton set DHCP and match the static

That's about all I can remember. CW and Jayzee can you fill in the blanks?

Sancho

Post by Sancho » Sat Feb 21, 2015 7:56 am

Crash2009 wrote:Sancho, lets try this again and document everything, maybe we can come up with the steps required. PM me when you get close to installing the locked up card in your spare WMC. That one will have to be totally de-configured from being a network client to your main WMC. You likely want to do an image, in case you want to go back.
I appreciate the offer. This PC is being used temporarily to try and fix this card. That's what I did on another PC with the card I got off eBay. Of course, that PC never had anything to do with Ceton, but I'm thinking I can rid this client PC of all references to its past Ceton life. I'm not going to reimage, as I can't afford to do more to it than I already am. If it works, great, but if not, I'm OK with that.

To that end, I've been messing about with it tonight. Without going into the gory details, here's what I found:

Trying to set the Ceton network device to 10.0.0.2 caused an IP address conflict error. That was actually a very good thing, as that was the IP I used for this messed up card in its original, host, PC. It got me thinking why Windows would think it was conflicting. The Ethernet NIC on this test PC was set to use 10.0.0.5 for Network Tuners.

I assigned 10.0.0.1 / 255.0.0.0 manually and BINGO! the Diag Tool finally saw the card. Of course, when I go into the web page to reset the network, it fails to do so. It's stuck on 10.0.0.2; can't assign a different static IP, can't reset to DHCP server. I tried combos of that with and without using the Diag Tool, but no dice. I did not install Network Tuners for these tests, so of course the WMC tool is not present.

Then I started poking around the registry looking for instances of 10.0.0.2. There were plenty of them, all related to WMC from what I could tell. So I decided to uninstall the Ceton software, since I know how to set the adapter to be able to access it. After uninstalling, I searched the registry again for 10.0.0.2. Most were deleted, but these remained:

..\Media Center\Service\ehPrivJob\AllowedTestUPnPTunerDevices\Ceton InfiniTV PCIe (ID) Tuner 1 ... Tuner 2, etc. Four entries

So I exported the registry, then just that subset, then nuked those four keys, rebooted and reinstalled the Ceton software. All of the above still applies. I can access the InfiniTV if I set the network device to any IP in the 10.0.0.0 network. The netmasks don't even need to match. The card is stuck on 10.0.0.2 / 255.255.255.0, while the network device is using 10.0.0.1 / 255.0.0.0. I also used 10.0.0.66 / 255.255.255.0. I still get the web page, and the Network Settings still won't change.

I also tried a Repair using the software installer. Nada. It only had the effect of adding InfiniTVWizard.exe, which was not available before Repairing.

I was wrong about the Hardware Version. The defective card is 6212, not 6912. The one from eBay is in fact 6829. Assuming Ceton revision numbers follow a sane person's logic, the defective one is older. The card in my main HTPC is 6210, but it works fine, took the latest pre-Beta firmware on the first try, and even ran Network Tuners a year or so ago. Make of that what you will.

As a side note, I tried the steps outlined here:

http://www.avsforum.com/forum/26-home-t ... lient.html

(for running InfiniTVWizard.exe)
While I was able to get the listing, I was unable to clear it. I tried again after nuking the reg keys and reinstalling, but the result was the same. Since that command interfaces directly with the card, it says to me that the flashable part of the card is all jacked up.

So, I think I'm done, unless someone comes back with something I haven't tried that involves only dealing with the Ceton. I can't muck about with Windows anymore than I have. At least WMC has been cleaned up a bit for when I take my next shot at Network Tuners via the 5G network.

I'll leave this test PC in its current state (Ceton installed, side panel off, etc.) until sometime tomorrow. I'll need to reassemble it by Sunday afternoon at the latest.

Sancho

Post by Sancho » Sat Feb 21, 2015 7:58 am

Crash2009 wrote:
Sancho wrote: is there a concise set of steps to try? I've tried everything I read herein up to your post, cwinfield, with the exception of the Advanced Network settings. That was new to me, so thanks (was it crash?) for sharing that info.
Post #66 summarizes what I/we suggested to open it up.

WMC network tuners reset tuner.
Win7 Alt advanced Bridging No
Ceton Software reset tuner

# 58 is where CW put it back together

Win 7 Manually set the IP subnet (would that be give it a static)
Ceton set DHCP and match the static

That's about all I can remember. CW and Jayzee can you fill in the blanks?
Yeah, did all that more times than I can count.