Ceton InfiniTV6 PCIe Network Tuner Setup Guide

Ask fellow members about Ceton's infiniTV tuners here.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
Sharks

HTPC Specs: Show details

Ceton InfiniTV6 PCIe Network Tuner Setup Guide

Post by Sharks » Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:43 pm

Hello all,
I recently purchased a Ceton InfiniTV6 PCIe card and was disappointed to find they had dropped support the Network turn function of their cards, after about 12 hours of trial and error and a great guide by vloeibaarglas on how to get a Infinitv4 PCIe card to support network tuning on Windows 8. I was able to achieve getting my Infinitv6 PCIe card to use this function on Windows 8.1 with all 6 tuners functioning following his instructions with some modifications.

Both PCs
1. Download and install the following driver (Ceton InfiniTV Installer (1.5.4304.06-20111017) for Windows 7: http://www.cetoncorp.com/firmware/ceton ... 304_06.exe) to both Windows 8 PC. I can’t guarantee that other drivers will work.

Host PC (This part lifted from http://www.missingremote.com/guide/ceto ... ltiple-pcs)
2. My Computer -> Device Manager -> Network Adapters -> Ceton InfiniTV Network Device -> Right Click Properties -> Advanced -> Support Bridging -> Yes
3. Download and install the latest Ceton Windows 8.1 driver.
3. Open InfiniTV device page via the diagnostic tool or go to 192.168.200.1
4. System -> Network Settings -> Uncheck Automatic Default IP Settings (DHCP Server).
5. Set a static IP that works for your network. You should check your router to make sure that you assign an IP that is not in use. For example, most routers will assign network devices IP addresses starting with 192.168.1.XXX. If you assign let’s say 192.168.1.101, you will eventually access the InfiniTV device page via that IP address.
6. Network Connections -> Select both InfiniTV and your networking card -> Right click Bridge Connection
7. Test to make sure you can access your device page using the static IP you assigned with both computers.
8. Start > Windows Media Center > Centon InfiniTV > Network Turns> Setup InfiniTVs. Follow the setup prompts and select the turns you want to be available to that Host PC.
9. Go back to the main menu of Windows Media Center> Tasks> Settings > TV > TV Signal > TV Setup. Follow the on screen prompts. Once you get to TV Signal Detection Result select “No, show more options” then select “Let me configure my TV signal manually” continue to follow on screen prompts to the TV Tuner selection and only select the turns that you want the client pc to be able to access. (This should be the same as the ones you selected in step 8.)

Client PC
10. Download and install the latest Ceton Windows 8.1 driver.
11. Start > Windows Media Center > Centon InfiniTV > Network Turns> Setup InfiniTVs. Follow the setup prompts and select the turns you want to be available to that client PC.
12. Go back to the main menu of Windows Media Center> Tasks> Settings > TV > TV Signal > TV Setup. Follow the on screen prompts. Once you get to TV Signal Detection Result select “No, show more options” then select “Let me configure my TV signal manually” continue to follow on screen prompts to the TV Tuner selection and only select the turns that you want the client PC to be able to access. (This should be the same as the ones you selected in step 11.)

Enjoy watching TV on both your Host and client PCs.

strategiry

Post by strategiry » Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:56 pm

This worked well for me, although I do receive pretty noticeable macroblocking on the premium channels (HBO etc) that does not occur on the host PC, or through the other serverwmc clients I have running.

Sharks

Post by Sharks » Sat Apr 04, 2015 9:37 am

Interesting, I haven't seen that issue is your connection wired or wireless and are if wired are you using 100 megabit or gigabit network? (Note: I only have HBO.)

strategiry

Post by strategiry » Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:50 pm

Turns out the stock wifi card in my 2012 laptop is the culprit, I put in a cheap USB wifi-card in and the issue is gone

Sharks

Post by Sharks » Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:10 am

Glad to hear you figured it out. Wifi usually isn't friendly when windows media center is involved.

fabella42

Post by fabella42 » Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:05 pm

Sharks wrote:Glad to hear you figured it out. Wifi usually isn't friendly when windows media center is involved.
Would this work if the host pc is Windows 7 and the client pc is Windows 8.1?

Sharks

Post by Sharks » Tue Aug 11, 2015 6:45 pm

I believe so but have no way to test this. If your up for trying it out please let us know how it works out.

DavidinCT

Post by DavidinCT » Mon Aug 17, 2015 6:05 pm

Quick one on this subject, Is this tuner Pooling, so all tuners are available for the host but, if another machine needs it, it can take it.

Or is this like on the 4, you assgin a tuner to a machine and the Host cant use that tuner if needed ?
-Dave
Twitter @TheCoolDave

Windows Media Center certified and WMC MVP 2010 - 2012

STC

Post by STC » Mon Aug 17, 2015 6:24 pm

^ This looks to be about using a PCIe card as a network tuner instead of just local to the PC it's installed in. Similar to an ETH.

Tuner pooling requires a specific driver I seem to recall (?) It's been a long time....
By the Community, for the Community. 100% Commercial Free.

Want decent guide data back? Check out EPG123

Sharks

Post by Sharks » Mon Aug 17, 2015 6:30 pm

DavidinCT wrote:Quick one on this subject, Is this tuner Pooling, so all tuners are available for the host but, if another machine needs it, it can take it.

Or is this like on the 4, you assgin a tuner to a machine and the Host cant use that tuner if needed ?
This is like the 4 where you assign a tuner to a machine and the Host cannot use the tuner if needed. In my config I've got 4 assigned to the host, 1 to another desktop, and 1 to a laptop.
It should be noted that the host PC shows its tuners claimed but the clients do not though the tuners assigned to them are in fact "Claimed" by them.
IE: 3,4,5,6 are owned by "Tom"
1 - is owned by my desktop but doesn't list a name.
2 - is owned by my laptop but doesn't list a name.
Last edited by Sharks on Mon Aug 17, 2015 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DavidinCT

Post by DavidinCT » Mon Aug 17, 2015 6:39 pm

Sharks wrote:
DavidinCT wrote:Quick one on this subject, Is this tuner Pooling, so all tuners are available for the host but, if another machine needs it, it can take it.

This is like the 4 where you assign a tuner to a machine and the Host can not use the tuner if needed. In my config I've got 4 assigned to the host, 1 to another desktop, and 1 to a laptop.
It should be noted that the host PC shows its tuners claimed by the clients do not though the tuners assigned to them are in fact "Claimed" by them.
IE: 3,4,5,6 are owned by "Tom"
1 - is owned by my desktop but doesn't list a name.
2 - is owned by my laptop but doesn't list a name.
OK, dam, when I got the PCIe 6 card, I thought all the 6 tuners supported Pooling...should of read first... :(

Mabye I'll set up 2 tuners for other machine. I was hoping for pooling so I can setup 3-4 machines that might use it time to time...oh, well..
-Dave
Twitter @TheCoolDave

Windows Media Center certified and WMC MVP 2010 - 2012