TV Series getting NO PLAY OPTION

jwlxusa

HTPC Specs: Show details

TV Series getting NO PLAY OPTION

Post by jwlxusa » Sat Jan 31, 2015 9:23 pm

I see all my TV series on the WMC screen and I can select any of them and see Season 1, 2, etc. However, when I select an episode and click Play I get a message box:

NO PLAY OPTION
The is not any play options for the episode

All my stuff is in TS video format. My movies play fine, never had a problem. I can play any TV episode outside of WMC using VLC Media Player so I'm pretty sure nothing is corrupted.

I do have My Movies installed and it's unclear if the message box is coming from My Movies or WMC. Because of the "The is not..." instead of "There is not..." I kind of suspected My Movies, but there's really no way to know.

Running WMC version 6.1.7601.17514 and My Movies 5.2. I can't say I've ever gotten the TV Series working properly. Also, I don't see any way to check if WMC is up to date; presumably Windows Update takes care of that?

Bottom line is I have no idea what this message means. And search as I might I can't find any help with it. I'd be happy to provide a PLAY OPTION if I knew where to do it (or what it was for that matter.) Any ideas would be very much appreciated.

sbaeder

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by sbaeder » Sun Feb 01, 2015 12:18 am

What library are they in (Video, Recorded TV, etc.) and you said that other files in same format play OK (Movies?) - is that correct, and if you put the TV in the same "library", do they play?

Never used My Movies, so can't really be of more help