InfiniTV4 PCIe Tuner Not Recognized - No Blinking

Ask fellow members about Ceton's infiniTV tuners here.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
ZippyTheChicken

HTPC Specs: Show details

InfiniTV4 PCIe Tuner Not Recognized - No Blinking

Post by ZippyTheChicken » Tue Dec 30, 2014 11:23 am

Hi I just got a Ceton InfiniTV 4 card .. the person I got it from said it was in working condition.

I am working on cutting the cord and will eventually go OTA but because my Broadcast Towers are 60Miles away and the signal is sketchy even with a very large amplified antenna I wanted to compile some shows to watch when I can't get any reception... which is anytime its even cloudy out .. not even actually raining.. which is not that great. I have a large 4bay with a PreAmp and it struggles even in perfect weather and at sun up or down its a krapshoot if you can get anything.

I first started with an ASUS TV Tuner and its rigged up to a small cable box .. about 25% of the shows it records are the wrong ones because of channel changing issues.. Also the drivers are very difficult to get working.

So I picked up the InfiniTV4 card in hopes this would be better.

I got my CableCard Yesterday and installed the hardware and the driver/Setup files from Ceton.

My System is an MSI Motherboard... I5 ..and has an Intel Chipset so it is not a Chipset problem
I do not have any other cards installed .. using onboard lan and video
only my Printer and External drive on USB

When my system boots I do not get any blinking lights from the card.

When I get into windows the Ceton Diagnostic Tool and Windows Device Manager do not see the card .. yes looked under network too

I think I am doing my best here.. Pretty sad though.

Not sure if it could be just the InfiniTV Card or also the Cable Card.

If you have the card can you please pull the CableCard out then Reboot and tell me if the Lights Blink... and if windows or the ceton tool sees the card without the CableCard installed.

I tried reseating the card in my PCIe 16x and 2 of my PCIe 1x slots with no success .. no lights .. nothing.

Physically the card looks perfect.. came in the original box .. and shipping damage is not an issue that I can tell.

Someone on the form said adjust your PCIe Settings in your Bios .. my Bios does not have that option only a Buffer(i think) setting for PCIe no other settings that I could find.

I really appreciate it..

Crash2009

Post by Crash2009 » Tue Dec 30, 2014 1:38 pm

The CableCard installed or not makes no difference. I ran my Infini4 for a few months without the CableCard.

Most likely you need to enable the Pcie slot on the MB. Whats the MB model? Maybe someone here has the same one.

ZippyTheChicken

Post by ZippyTheChicken » Tue Dec 30, 2014 2:18 pm

So you are saying if the card is a working card and it does not have a cable card in it
it will blink and it will be seen by the diagnostics tool / windows device manager..
gees thats disappointing news.

Motherboard MSI H67MS-E33 (B3)

http://us.msi.com/product/mb/H67MSE33_B ... o-overview

I saw no option in the bios to alter the way the PCIe slots work except a buffer setting

Crash2009

Post by Crash2009 » Tue Dec 30, 2014 6:47 pm

ZippyTheChicken wrote:So you are saying if the card is a working card and it does not have a cable card in it
it will blink and it will be seen by the diagnostics tool / windows device manager..
gees thats disappointing news.

Motherboard MSI H67MS-E33 (B3)

http://us.msi.com/product/mb/H67MSE33_B ... o-overview

I saw no option in the bios to alter the way the PCIe slots work except a buffer setting
No, that's not what I am saying.....I'm saying that you don't need a cablecard to install the tuner. Here is the link to the manual http://us.msi.com/support/mb/H67MSE33_B ... own-manual I only glanced through it for a minute, 3-15 and 3-19 both tell you how to make adjustments to pci (e).

Youre lucky, the last MSI manual I read was written in Chinese.
Attachments
pcie.jpg

erkotz

Post by erkotz » Tue Dec 30, 2014 9:17 pm

If you get no LEDs at ll from the card, either the card is not seated properly, there is a problem with the PCIe slot, or there is a problem with the InfiniTV. The LEDs power up with no software on the PC or CableCARD. Try it in another PC, and if the issue persists, open a ticket at http://www.cetoncorp.com/support/
Quality Assurance Manager, Ceton Corporation