InfiniTV 4 USB: The infiniTV is not responding

Ask fellow members about Ceton's infiniTV tuners here.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
Deckard15

HTPC Specs: Show details

InfiniTV 4 USB: The infiniTV is not responding

Post by Deckard15 » Sat Dec 27, 2014 9:10 pm

Ticket: #HAW-285-70779

Windows 8.1 with Media Center

Windows Media Center was working but recently said the tuner was not available. Usually a reboot fixes this but I have rebooted multiple times and I cannot get rid of the error. I tried reinstalling drivers, messing with network info and using a new USB cable but I keep getting the error in WMC saying there are no tuners available. The errors I am getting in the Ceton Diagnostics Tool "InfiniTV is not configured for use with Media Center Please reinstall InfiniTV drivers and go through TV setup" and "The infiniTV is not responding. Try uninstalling any third party firewall software and rebooting your machine." I only have Windows firewall installed and Windows Defender. I've tried disabling the firewall and Windows Defender but it still is not working.

The odd thing is the tuner itself seems ok if I check the device webpage (I think it looks ok, I don't see any errors). I updated the firmware via the webpage to 14.10.3.163. I also uninstalled the patch that was released on Dec 9th and rebooted multiple times but the same error is happening.

I did try installing the software on another Windows 8.1 PC w/ media center (my laptop) and when I plugged the USB in it saw it without any problems. So I think the issue is on my Media Center PC but I cant figure out what. Any ideas?

Deckard15

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by Deckard15 » Mon Dec 29, 2014 1:27 pm

Since this worked on one PC and not the other I figured it was my HTPC. I got this working again by doing a system refresh and reinstalling the Ceton software. All is working again.