Win8.1 and MC setup

mceguy...

HTPC Specs: Show details

Win8.1 and MC setup

Post by mceguy... » Thu Dec 25, 2014 8:34 am

Does anyone know if the WMC tuner setup supports Satellite TV and (2) STB DirecTV and (2) Colossus Capture cards as Video input?

TheOsburnFamil

Post by TheOsburnFamil » Fri Dec 26, 2014 6:47 pm

Last time I even thought about WMC & DirecTV, it only supported a single IR blaster for channel changes; so, if you have TWO DirectTV STBs, then I don't think it'll work. Admittedly, that was over three years ago with VistaMC.

Also, just to be clear-- you have TWO Colossus Capture cards and are looking to hook each up to a DirecTV STB? So, you are expecting only two tuner/recordings, correct?
Matt O. ...tivo what? ...dish dvr--uh... huh? ...cable dvr fees--you're kidding, right?

mceguy...

Post by mceguy... » Sun Dec 28, 2014 5:12 am

TheOsburnFamil wrote:Also, just to be clear-- you have TWO Colossus Capture cards and are looking to hook each up to a DirecTV STB? So, you are expecting only two tuner/recordings, correct?
Yes, exactly... I have already configured WMC with (2) satellite tuners and (2) DirecTV STB H24, but no blaster function using a external USB transceiver (Microsoft certified). I was just wondering if anyone has tried this setup under Win 8.1 with success.

I will also be trying IP control of the STBs...