Requested channel not available

poit57

HTPC Specs: Show details

Requested channel not available

Post by poit57 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:33 pm

I've been using Windows Media Center since 2008. I started with Windows Vista and upgraded to each subsequent major release of Windows when they were first launched. I've just recently started seeing a message that I have never seen before.

For the past few days, I've started seeing an error occasionally pop up in the middle of my screen that reads something along the lines of, "Requested channel is unavailable. Please contact your cable provider," and it has an OK button to close this notification.

There doesn't seem to be any issue with the channel in question. I have checked that all three tuners on my HDHR Prime are receiving a signal, and the channel that I am currently tuned to works if I change the channel to something else and then back. I think this has occurred when I first start live TV, whether it is a brand new WMC session or when starting live TV after watching a recording.

Around the same time I started seeing this notification, WMC started randomly crashing. I have updated the firmware on the HDHR Prime, and I have not had any crashes for the past three days. This notification about the channel being unavailable has still come up a few times since then.

Has anyone else experienced this issue or know what might be causing it?