Echo and Apple TV compatible files

Talk with fellow members about Ceton's Media Center Extender.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
Acsparky@gmail.com

HTPC Specs: Show details

Echo and Apple TV compatible files

Post by Acsparky@gmail.com » Tue Dec 16, 2014 2:53 am

I lived in the Apple world for some time and have changed over to WMC in search of my "Holy Grail". I am looking for one system to rule them all (access to everything without changing systems) for my technically challenged wife. So here is my issue, I have a large amount of my DVD/BluRay's converted using Handbrake Apple TV 2 and 3 presets. This worked great on the Apple TV but now I am trying to get my Echo to play them. I have gotten WMC to play these flawlessly from the Media Browser Classic and although the interface is much slower, from the Movie Library as well. This includes bit streaming the 5.1 tracks. The Echo is where my great plan is falling apart (I need extenders to get my copy-once channels to all the TVs).

So where I am stuck is that on the Echo the Movie Library pretty much locks up when I try to play a file. From the Media browser plugin I am able to get a little farther. The movie plays, but with a blue border (home screen or windowed effect) and no video, just audio. To be honest I am only assuming it is the 5.1 track that successfully plays from the computer but I haven't really even gotten far enough to worry about checking that yet. Just for some background on the audio tracks, the first track is stereo AAC and is the default. The second track I use AC3 pass thru for the 5.1. I do not want to re-encode since with every attempt to tweak settings it ends up unplayable on my iPhone and iPad which I would like to keep.

I have attempted this with both shark007 and LAV Filters but same results with the settings I have tried. I am new to this so any help is appreciated and I am sorry if I left something out or if I stated something incorrectly. And I am running W7 by the way.

volfan6415

Post by volfan6415 » Tue Dec 16, 2014 4:50 am

Can the wife switch inputs? If so keep the Apple TV for movies and use the echo for live and recorded TV. That's what each were really designed for.

mdavej

Post by mdavej » Tue Dec 16, 2014 5:08 am

^^^
Get her a universal remote for Christmas, and she won't have to worry about changing inputs.