For trade/sale: Roku, Chromecast, 360 remote

Sell and buy stuff from other TGBers!
Forum rules
WARNING: Always use caution when purchasing from strangers. Remember this site does NOT provide buyer protection. Never send your credit card information to a user.
LuckyDay

HTPC Specs: Show details

For trade/sale: Roku, Chromecast, 360 remote

Post by LuckyDay » Fri Dec 05, 2014 7:59 pm

I have the following, I would like to trade for PC parts, or fun HTPC stuff people have lying around.

- ROKU early model. Think it's an N1000 or N1100 (don't know what the difference between the two is). Pros are it has Ethernet, Component, HDMI, Composite, etc. So it's very compatible with older TVs. Cons are it's stuck on older firmware so a few new apps won't work. Netflix, Hulu, Media Browser, etc. all work fine with it. Remote not included.

- Chromecast - Like new, used for about a month, not for me. Box and all cords included.

- Xbox 360 media remote (the stubby one).

If anyone has a need for these or wants to trade, pm or respond here.

LuckyDay

Post by LuckyDay » Fri Dec 05, 2014 11:12 pm

Also looking for one of those Dell/Gyration remotes that has mouse control on it if anyone has one they don't need anymore.

Doctor Feelgood

Post by Doctor Feelgood » Fri Dec 05, 2014 11:18 pm

Looking for anything in particular in the way of PC hardware? I'd be interested in the Chromecast, and could post a list of things I have - memory, video cards, fans, etc...

LuckyDay

Post by LuckyDay » Fri Dec 05, 2014 11:32 pm

What kind of video card? I have an extra PC lying around that's using onboard at the moment so I'd trade for something that was a bit of an upgrade.

Doctor Feelgood

Post by Doctor Feelgood » Sat Dec 06, 2014 2:41 pm

LuckyDay wrote:What kind of video card? I have an extra PC lying around that's using onboard at the moment so I'd trade for something that was a bit of an upgrade.

I have a two Galaxy brand 512MB Nvidia GS8400's, one Zotac brand 4GB Nvidia GT630, and one Diamond brand 1GB Radeon R7 240. I would say the GS8400's are in the general range of a Chromecast, but I'd be looking for more on the other two. Open to offers, though...

mdavej

Post by mdavej » Sat Dec 06, 2014 4:57 pm

LuckyDay wrote:Also looking for one of those Dell/Gyration remotes that has mouse control on it if anyone has one they don't need anymore.
I don't care for gyration remotes myself as I find them hard to precisely control (like a Wiimote). But if you have an iPhone, you can use the free MobileMouse app and use your phone as a gyration mouse or touchpad mouse, plus get full keyboard and remote control for many PC apps. It does an excellent job and is more precise and reliable than a gyration mouse. If you can do without gyration, Hippo Remote is even better.

LuckyDay

Post by LuckyDay » Mon Dec 08, 2014 6:56 pm

I've toyed with the phone apps and don't really care for them. I like the feel of a remote with buttons in my hand, or even my wireless trackball better. Plus I don't need another way to quickly drain my phone's battery.

LuckyDay

Post by LuckyDay » Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:53 pm

Doctor Feelgood wrote:
LuckyDay wrote:What kind of video card? I have an extra PC lying around that's using onboard at the moment so I'd trade for something that was a bit of an upgrade.

I have a two Galaxy brand 512MB Nvidia GS8400's, one Zotac brand 4GB Nvidia GT630, and one Diamond brand 1GB Radeon R7 240. I would say the GS8400's are in the general range of a Chromecast, but I'd be looking for more on the other two. Open to offers, though...
Wow I have been out of the loop on video card models for a bit, I don't even know what an R7 240 is. I'll have to check it out.

8400s may work though, I don't need something powerful.