Cable card re-pairing

Ask fellow members about Ceton's infiniTV tuners here.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
blushrts

HTPC Specs: Show details

Cable card re-pairing

Post by blushrts » Thu Dec 04, 2014 1:38 am

Anyone know the magic words to get my cable card re-paired with Verizon? In just got an infinitv eth6 and no one seems to know how to get it paired. I would like to start watching HBO again. I've even been in the Verizon direct forum on dslreports and they don't seem to know what to do.

mdavej

Post by mdavej » Thu Dec 04, 2014 2:02 am

Tell them you have a Tivo, and be sure to give them all the numbers you see in the Cable Card setup in WMC.

signcarver

Post by signcarver » Thu Dec 04, 2014 5:54 am

Was the card in another device and if so, what device?

Though they shouldn't have a problem pairing a card again to the same device, some providers have audit systems that kick things out if they find record of the card in another device, unfortunately often by the time you realize this is too late as the people you were talking to can no longer see the old device to remove it from. There are some people that can do it but finding them is like looking for a needle in a haystack so it is often easier to get a new card. Usually their return process will properly remove the card but in some cases it also removes your "new" entry.

I do recommend the direct forum at dslreports as they should be able to find someone there easier than any random call or chat.

Usually the only problem with watching HBO is the data ID... keep an eye on it that it didn't change with one of their hits.

blushrts

Post by blushrts » Thu Dec 04, 2014 1:24 pm

I had the card in a HD Homerun Prime previously. I did give them all the numbers from the card. Yes, signcarver, I've been through this before when I bought the HD Homerun, it takes a while to find someone who knows how to do this.

mdavej

Post by mdavej » Thu Dec 04, 2014 1:55 pm

Hang in there. Took me literally 10 attempts once over a period of several days. Other times they get it the first time and I'm up and running in 5 minutes. I've paired cards with at least a dozen devices over the years.

erkotz

Post by erkotz » Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:44 pm

If you continue to have trouble, open a support ticket with us (Ceton) and we will reach out to them.
Quality Assurance Manager, Ceton Corporation

blushrts

Post by blushrts » Fri Dec 05, 2014 11:23 am

Thanks everyone, they got it sorted yesterday.