I need a script to reboot tuning adapters

Just13d

HTPC Specs: Show details

I need a script to reboot tuning adapters

Post by Just13d » Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:20 am

Hello I have two 4 Tuner Ceton PCI in a machine I built for my parents on Time Warner. For some reason the cable cards will not pull down a channel map and have to rely solely on the tuning adapters to tune any channel not just SDV. I was wondering if anyone had a script that looked at the tuning adapter state and would automatically reboot the tuning adapter when it saw the tuning adapter is not in a ready state? I built the machine a couple of years ago and just added the second Ceton Tuner to the mix to try to add some redundancy. However I have found that it seems when one tuning adapter does not work neither does the other. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Thank you

Justin

sbaeder

Post by sbaeder » Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:31 pm

There has been discussion like this here on the forums before (search around for it)...but the short answer is that it can't be "reset" using any SW command, so you have to set things up so there is a power off/on cycle to reset it. See this post http://www.thegreenbutton.tv/forums/vie ... =68&t=6528 for more info...it also had a link to this...http://www.amazon.com/Woods-50009-Indoo ... b_title_hi that could be used to power cycle it once a week or so when they are asleep to give it a "reset/reboot"

good luck

Just13d

Post by Just13d » Fri Nov 28, 2014 2:05 am

Thank you. I did some more searching and came across a Tivo forum that they were discussing the tuning adapters. The fix was using a timer like the one you linked. I dug around this morning and found one that I had for a old X-Mas tree and put one adapter on it. I have it set to power cycle once a day. We will see how that works. If it does I will buy another for the other tuning adapter. Thank you again for the response.

STC

Post by STC » Fri Nov 28, 2014 3:45 am

Tuning adapters must royally suck :(

Damn glad I don't have them here.
By the Community, for the Community. 100% Commercial Free.

Want decent guide data back? Check out EPG123

Ed 

Post by Ed  » Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:15 am

^ +1

I got QAM, I feel like the last of the Mohicans