infiniTV PCIe 6 - No tuner available to satisfy request

Ask fellow members about Ceton's infiniTV tuners here.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
mktobiasfunke

HTPC Specs: Show details

infiniTV PCIe 6 - No tuner available to satisfy request

Post by mktobiasfunke » Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:20 pm

Hello All,

I have owned my infinitv6 for about 3.5 months and it has worked perfect out of the box until this weekend. I can now only get one channel to record. If I try to record more than one channel or turn on an extender, I will get content for about 3 minutes and then the whole system freezes and I get the message "no tuner available to satisfy current request" and I have to reboot. I tried moving my card to another PCI slot. And I still get the same issues. I also tried setting up my tv signal over again. Same problems. Uninstalled and re installed the drivers, same problem. I owned a silicon dust prior to my ceton, never had one issue. Been using WMC for 9 years straight so I'm fairly knowledgeable.

I'm running windows 7 in a dedicated MCPC which formatted with a clean install when I acquired my infinitv6 card. Please help.

I have submitted a ticket JBK-261-77464

Crash2009

Post by Crash2009 » Tue Nov 18, 2014 6:06 pm

which brand of antivirus or firewall software are you using?

mktobiasfunke

Post by mktobiasfunke » Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:49 pm

Avg free version i have used it for years

Crash2009

Post by Crash2009 » Wed Nov 19, 2014 2:09 am

I used AVG for years too, until getting into this HTPC thing a couple years ago. I use MSE now.

Just a guess here, but from what you have said so far, I would suspect overheating first. Here is a link to a great temperature monitor that will record your temps right up to the next freeze. http://www.thegreenbutton.tv/forums/vie ... 577#p45577 Could be something simple like a slow or stopped fan on the video card.

erkotz

Post by erkotz » Wed Nov 19, 2014 7:46 pm

If you are having any sort of tuner availability/discovery issues with an OCUR tuner, uninstall (not disable) your Antivirus/firewall software and see if the issue persists. They commonly cause these issues.
Quality Assurance Manager, Ceton Corporation