WMC Activation Failure

crickard62

HTPC Specs: Show details

WMC Activation Failure

Post by crickard62 » Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:10 pm

I have tried to get my HDHomeRun Prime to work with WMC 7. My CableCard registered correctly and I have successfully scanned for channels and all are present. I'm using the 20140604 release on the Prime. My Windows version is Windows 7 Pro SP1.

I ran Digital Cable Advisor as directed in the instructions: http://www.silicondust.com/support/inst ... primewmc7/
DCA says my system is ready.

Everything works fine with WMC until I get to Live TV setup. WMC detects the three tuners but the tv setup fails with the built-in product activation key. I tried the product activation key provided in this link:

http://www.silicondust.com/forum2/viewtopic.php?t=10080

I am out of ideas :crazy:. It seems like someone must have run into this before on the forum but I searched "activation" to no avail. Can you provide any instructions on where to go from here?

mdavej

Post by mdavej » Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:49 pm

I assume you performed all the steps in that thread. Is Win7 itself activated? Are you running this in a Virtual Machine?

Failing that, I would try removing and re-adding WMC in Programs and Features - Turn Windows Features On or Off.

crickard62

Post by crickard62 » Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:53 pm

Windows is activated. No VMs involved. I'll try remove/add and post back.

crickard62

Post by crickard62 » Sat Nov 08, 2014 3:11 am

R&R with a clean boot seems to have done the trick although I'm not certain whether any of the start ups were interfering . Guide downloaded without issue. Rebooted and turned Bitdefender AV back on. Hoping it doesn't interfere going forward. Mdavej - thanks for your help