XBOX 360 cannot see WMC library

Troubleshoot and discuss the XBOX 360, XBOX One, Linksys, and other extenders.
Danilo_Thann69

HTPC Specs: Show details

XBOX 360 cannot see WMC library

Post by Danilo_Thann69 » Tue Oct 14, 2014 3:01 pm

I've had a WMC PC setup for a while with 2 xbox 360's and a PS3 streaming from it.

I just completed building an UnRAID box to store the media and completed moving all the media over to the RAID.

I then went into the WMC and deleted the library's I had setup in there, then went back in and added the mapped drives to the RAID shares.

Now in WMC I can access the library fine, all videos are showing up without a problem.

But on the Xbox 360's when I try to view the library it tells me that there's nothing in the library at the moment.

I've seen a few articles about disconnecting the 360 from the WMC and deleting the extender, then reconnect them to reset the library, which I've done and still no joy.

I've gone ahead and removed the xbox 360's as extenders, deleted the librarys from the WMC and then rebooted the WMC and re-created the libraries, waited until it had searched and added all files from the library in on the WMC then re-joined the xbox 360 as an extender, but it still says the library has nothing in it.

Anyone have any other suggestions on how to get the 360 to see the library again?

Thanks
Danilo

holidayboy

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by holidayboy » Tue Oct 14, 2014 5:04 pm

I used the method below for my 360:

http://tobias-tobin.blogspot.co.uk/2008 ... ss-to.html
Rob.

TGB.tv - the one stop shop for the more discerning Media Center user.