Series management - guide doesn't show "new" in description

Global guide related discussion. All Windows versions.
mmurley

HTPC Specs: Show details

Series management - guide doesn't show "new" in description

Post by mmurley » Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:30 pm

So, I set a series to record and specify "new" episodes, but the guide descriptions of the new episodes don't include "new" in the description, so the new episodes aren't scheduled to record. Is there something I'm missing?

signcarver

Post by signcarver » Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:16 am

For me, "new" records those not marked as repeats (assuming there are episode names/descriptions... something like the evening news or a talk show without a varying description is hit or miss) however, many of the shows that I like have aired in other countries and thus are marked as repeats on stations like Syfy making "new" undesirable.

STC

Post by STC » Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:01 am

mmurley wrote:So, I set a series to record and specify "new" episodes, but the guide descriptions of the new episodes don't include "new" in the description, so the new episodes aren't scheduled to record. Is there something I'm missing?
Usually due to poor management of metadata from production to presentation of guide data within MC. Somewhere, some party has goofed.

Welcome to the world of Zap2it data and MCs delayed (presently broken) updating mechanism.
By the Community, for the Community. 100% Commercial Free.

Want decent guide data back? Check out EPG123

mmurley

Post by mmurley » Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:18 pm

I think I solved it. If I specify the recording channel (instead of 'HD only'), it suddenly works.