infinitv 4 network tuner setup

Ask fellow members about Ceton's infiniTV tuners here.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
dn3g3l

HTPC Specs: Show details

infinitv 4 network tuner setup

Post by dn3g3l » Sun Sep 28, 2014 6:47 am

I remember seeing an option in WMC a long time ago when I first did my setup for network tuner. I finally have a use for it now and I can't seem to find that option. Was it removed thru an update? i search on google and saw someone mention that the option is no longer there. How do I setup a second computer to use the ceton that is on my first computer? i already have an htpc with windows 7 and the infinitv 4 pci-e setup. I'm trying to add a second htpc in another room.

Crash2009

Post by Crash2009 » Sun Sep 28, 2014 7:41 am

I remember seeing that too. I didn't have much luck with Network Bridging in 2011-12. Ceton's site still claims to support it. As I recall when you install the drivers, you can select or not the network tuner feature set. I wouldn't take a run at that without getting a STB for the wife and kids. The path of least resistance is to just simply get a ETH 6 and plug it into your switch. Just tell the wife your getting it for her own good.

dn3g3l

Post by dn3g3l » Sun Sep 28, 2014 6:42 pm

Crash2009 wrote:I remember seeing that too. I didn't have much luck with Network Bridging in 2011-12. Ceton's site still claims to support it. As I recall when you install the drivers, you can select or not the network tuner feature set. I wouldn't take a run at that without getting a STB for the wife and kids. The path of least resistance is to just simply get a ETH 6 and plug it into your switch. Just tell the wife your getting it for her own good.
problem is that i already can build a 2nd htpc from spare parts. the eth6 gonna cost me $250+. i might just have to buy it if i can't figure out a solution. i'm worried about the reviews also. when it's good, it's really good. when it's bad, it's really horrible.

3rob3

Post by 3rob3 » Sun Sep 28, 2014 7:24 pm

It's an option when you install the drivers so you may need to reinstall to get it. Win7 only too if I remember correctly (from the PC sharing the tuner I mean). I tried it once and it worked fine.

Crash2009

Post by Crash2009 » Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:19 pm

You could always try the free option. http://www.thegreenbutton.tv/forums/vie ... 353#p74353 Works well for me, broadcasts my non-protected channels anywhere I want.

The negative reviews turned me off too. After doing the research, the chances are good for me, that the ETH 6 will fit in nicely in to my existing network environment.

cwinfield

Post by cwinfield » Sun Sep 28, 2014 11:32 pm

It installs a option in your wmc menu you might need to enable it

dn3g3l

Post by dn3g3l » Mon Oct 06, 2014 5:02 am

I had to reinstall ceton drivers. Don't know why it disappear since I remember I did enable it the first time. I probably will try the infinitv 6 eth since setting up the infinitv 4 pcie network is a pain in the ass for me. I fix one issue then another pops up. ETH would be easier for what I want to do anyways. Thanks for the help.

Crash2009

Post by Crash2009 » Mon Oct 06, 2014 1:02 pm

dn3g3l wrote:I had to reinstall ceton drivers. Don't know why it disappear since I remember I did enable it the first time. I probably will try the infinitv 6 eth since setting up the infinitv 4 pcie network is a pain in the butt for me. I fix one issue then another pops up. ETH would be easier for what I want to do anyways. Thanks for the help.
Don't forget to clean up the mess. Set your tuner's IP back to default, and get rid of the bridge. http://www.thegreenbutton.tv/forums/vie ... 093#p23093