infiniTV 4 PCIe - Not Pulling Channel Map

Ask fellow members about Ceton's infiniTV tuners here.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
Just13d

HTPC Specs: Show details

infiniTV 4 PCIe - Not Pulling Channel Map

Post by Just13d » Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:21 pm

Hey all I have a problem with my parents setup. They can only tune channels when the tuning adapter is attached and providing a channel map. With out the tuning adapter I can not tune any channel. No ESPN locals etc. They are on Time Warner and have a Motorola setup for cable card. I noticed in Ceton Diagnostics that the cable card shows 0 channels and 0 channels maps received. I was wondering if anyone here has run into this and what the fix is. So far I have updated to latest driver and firmware and had Time Warner send some hits to the card. Is there a way I can force the card to pull in a new channel map?

Thank you

Justin

newfiend

Post by newfiend » Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:28 pm

The CableCARD (if properly configured at the head end) should get the channel map automatically. It could be a configuration issue with TWC and your CableCARD or the card could not be working correctly, Have you tried a different CableCARD? I would call TWC and ask them to bring out a few cards and try one until one works correctly. I would think it would be free to you/them for a tech to come out and get it working correctly. I had to pick up a brand new card from Comcast here and had to return it 30 min later because the card was defective, always ask the tech to bring out a few to try instead of just one.
HTH,
newfiend~

Just13d

Post by Just13d » Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:46 pm

Thank you for the reply. I was hoping that it was not a faulty card because they have a ton of recorded tv to watch yet.

newfiend

Post by newfiend » Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:56 pm

Just13d wrote:Thank you for the reply. I was hoping that it was not a faulty card because they have a ton of recorded tv to watch yet.
I don't think replacing the CC would mess up the DRM keys for the recorded TV they have already recorded. I believe the recordings check the DRM Keys with Windows, not the CableCARD so you should be ok there.

Just13d

Post by Just13d » Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:34 am

Awesome!! Thank you!! It has been so long since I had to mess with it that I forgot how all that worked.