No premium channels

Ask fellow members about Ceton's infiniTV tuners here.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
EmeraldTuna

HTPC Specs: Show details

No premium channels

Post by EmeraldTuna » Sat Sep 06, 2014 8:04 am

I can not receive HBO or STARZ. I am paying for them and received them on the other computer.(2 computers with ceton tuner cards)
The cable company has changed the card and a tech has been at the house twice.
Tech was here for 2 hours while on the phone with support to try and get all the settings right
they tried several times to activate card.
I can receive TFC which is a pay channel.
Diagnostics still says it needs CCV signal but support says it must have received it or the TFC channel would not be viewable.
I've attached the diagnostic file from the Ceton utility
Thanks for any help
Attachments
CetonInfiniTVDiagnostic_KEITH-LR_20140906_02-20.zip
(304.39 KiB) Downloaded 23 times

adam1991

Post by adam1991 » Sat Sep 06, 2014 10:33 am

You need to open a ticket with Ceton using their support mechanism. Send them the diagnostics, and they'll probably resolve this.

As I recall, you do this directly from the Ceton utility where you gathered the diagnostics.

EmeraldTuna

Post by EmeraldTuna » Sat Sep 06, 2014 11:38 am

I submitted one. Bu they take 2-3 days to return messages. Wish they would do it with a phone call.

JohnW248

Post by JohnW248 » Sat Sep 06, 2014 1:29 pm

If you get the proper channels on one cableCARD and not on the other, chances are that the cable company did not provision the card correctly. Besides having to pair and receive the CA stream, the card has to be set up in the billing department with the proper tiers. It sounds like your second card has not been set up properly. It would help a lot if you would have added the type of cableCARD and the cable operator. With the cableCARD information, it would be possible to check if the card itself is properly paired and with the cable operator, people with similar problems could have offered their solution.

EmeraldTuna

Post by EmeraldTuna » Sat Sep 06, 2014 4:28 pm

well the cablecard is a Motorola version 1573. It looks just like the one on the Ceton support page
Not sure what you mean by cable operator. If you mean my provider it's comcast

RyC

Post by RyC » Sat Sep 06, 2014 5:41 pm

It is most likely an incorrectly provisioned cablecard. You should go through the support process with Ceton. If Comcast won't provision the cablecard correctly, Ceton knows people in Comcast to get it working for you.