Cannot get HDHR Dual to setup

Ask about SiliconDusts HomeRun tuners here.
stevethebrain

HTPC Specs: Show details

Cannot get HDHR Dual to setup

Post by stevethebrain » Fri Sep 05, 2014 4:39 pm

Cant get silicon dust HR dual to setup? tried a dozen times.

I’ve downloaded and installed the software for the HDHR. However when I do the W7MC TV signal setup for antenna TV W7MC recognizes other tuners but just refuses to setup (message reads other tuners were detected but will not be configured) the W7MC it will setup my Haugpage 1800.

I’ve looked into device manager saw the Haugpage and high definition audio device also Intel ® display audio
Don’t see the HR.

Any tips on installing this tuner would be appreciated.
Thanks STB

Scallica

Post by Scallica » Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:47 pm

The HDHR does not appear in Device Manager.

As a test, have you tried removing the Hauppauge tuner before running the WMC TV signal setup?
HTPC Enthusiast / Forum Moderator - TGB.tv Code of Conduct

stevethebrain

Post by stevethebrain » Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:51 pm

no I don't see HR in device manager

no not yet should I dissable the haugpage

now there is no tv tuner can't setup tuner not detected

I have downloaded the exe. file for the HR and gone though it wizard just can't get W7MC to install it.

should I reboot after the wizard?

Just13d

Post by Just13d » Fri Sep 05, 2014 11:38 pm

Did you go into the HD Homerun program and setup the Homerun? You need to do that first and tell it whether it is a cable tuner or using antenna. Then you need to scan for channels in the HD Homerun program. Once you are done with that then you can set it up in WMC. Hope this helps.

stevethebrain

Post by stevethebrain » Sat Sep 06, 2014 12:42 am

I have silicon dust home run dual it can't be used for cable only antenna.

signcarver

Post by signcarver » Sat Sep 06, 2014 2:18 am

All HDHR in the US market can tune clear qam from cable it just that many providers no longer offer clear qam... this goes back to their first model. The prime cannot tune OTA... The Dual cannot tune encrypted content since it doesn't have a cablecard... and none can tune analog.

Just13d

Post by Just13d » Sun Sep 07, 2014 12:59 pm

stevethebrain wrote:I have silicon dust home run dual it can't be used for cable only antenna.
Did you go in and set it up in the HDHomerun Program?

dmagerl

Post by dmagerl » Sun Sep 07, 2014 1:16 pm

Does it work with SiliconDust's own TV program Quicktv?

stevethebrain

Post by stevethebrain » Sun Sep 07, 2014 2:16 pm

I think it's broken

when I power pc the red led should come and stay on this thing goes red then back to green flash

webminster

Post by webminster » Sun Sep 07, 2014 5:53 pm

The green flashing LED, as I understand, means it's trying to get an IP address. Tell us how you've connected the device, to a switch or directly to the PC? Can you answer the questions from those asking if you ran the HDHR configuration utility?
-Alan

stevethebrain

Post by stevethebrain » Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:37 pm

webminster wrote:The green flashing LED, as I understand, means it's trying to get an IP address. Tell us how you've connected the device, to a switch or directly to the PC? Can you answer the questions from those asking if you ran the HDHR configuration utility?
I have installed this tuner a few times in the past w/out any issuse.

I thought the green light was like a on status two green lights is both tuners where turn on and red is the tuner is off.

yes I have setup w/ the SDHR software I thought I wrote that in post #3. (sorry) even went though the SDHR wizard just can't get W7MC to install as a tuner.
note previouslly when I completed the SDHR downlown there was a menu that came up and did a channel scan this before I try to setup in W7MC well I never saw this menu.

I have the either net Cat5 plugged into the PC (not using a router) 120Volts AC for power and anteana coax.
Thanks STB

stevethebrain

Post by stevethebrain » Tue Sep 09, 2014 5:29 pm

here's the advice I get from SD I have no idea how to configure a fire wall. anyone w/ step by step instructions.

The HDHomeRun is working fine. The issue is that a firewall on your PC is blocking the stream from the HDHomeRun preventing WMC from being able to receive anything. Check your firewall configuration and make sure that the Windows Media Center Receiver Service (c:\windows\ehome\ehrecvr.exe) has full network access

cwinfield

Post by cwinfield » Tue Sep 09, 2014 5:37 pm

Why don't you turn it off momentarily to test it out first. Go into the Advanced Firewall Configuration and change the Inbound connections behavior to Block rather than Block all connections

1. If the PC is using a static IP address, check that the subnet mask is configured correctly; it
should match the setting of the DHCP server.
● For a typical 192.168.x.x home network the subnet mask should be 255.255.255.0
2. Disable any third-party firewall software to test.
3. If you're using the Windows Firewall, rerun the HDHomeRun installation program and
choose the “Repair” option. This will recreate the firewall rules.

http://www.silicondust.com/support/inst ... -software/

stevethebrain

Post by stevethebrain » Tue Sep 09, 2014 6:03 pm

cwinfield wrote:Why don't you turn it off momentarily to test it out first. Go into the Advanced Firewall Configuration and change the Inbound connections behavior to Block rather than Block all connections

/
inbound connections that do not match a a rule are blocked. no option to change.

cwinfield

Post by cwinfield » Tue Sep 09, 2014 6:27 pm

Sorry what you should do is first disable your firewall, rerun the hdhr setup program, rerun the scan, setup the tuner in wmc, re enable firewall.

stevethebrain

Post by stevethebrain » Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:48 am

I can't simply turn off the firewall that I see, see the options bolded on the upper left these can't be clicked.

looks like the third party Mcafee is interferring w/ the tuner looks like the only option I have is to uninstall Mcafee? but then I will be exposed, also if I'm forced to uninstall Mcafee will I still be able to reinstall?
Attachments
ssfirewall.png

cwinfield

Post by cwinfield » Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:43 am

According to the link I posted it says to upgrade your version.

McAfee Security Center

Some versions of McAfee Security Center are known to block the video data from the HDHomeRun. If you encounter this problem then you should upgrade to the latest version of McAfee Security Center.

If you were to remove it you can reinstall. it's just not letting you set up your tuner initially. Once you run setup without the firewall, it will add the exceptions to the firewall list.

stevethebrain

Post by stevethebrain » Wed Sep 10, 2014 2:06 pm

I removed the Mcafee

did'nt have to disable the firewall just allowed HR setup ect.

resolved

Thanks for the advice