WMD No TV Signal but InfiniTV 6 PCle diagnostis all green

Ask fellow members about Ceton's infiniTV tuners here.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
great4702

HTPC Specs: Show details

WMD No TV Signal but InfiniTV 6 PCle diagnostis all green

Post by great4702 » Thu Sep 04, 2014 1:17 pm

Trying to set InfiniTV 6 PCle up first time
Running Windows 7 Home edition. Intel i7 Quad core, 8GB RAM.
Got M-card from Comcast, activated and paired. Diagnostics all green, saying I am receiving 551 chanels and test tuning one of channel line up also green.
Went to WMC, ran digital cable advisor tool with no problem. Went to TV signal set up and WMD identified Ceton 6 tuners but at the next step, WMC says my TV tuner hardware has stopped working.
I still see Ceton diag status all green. What can I do?
fyi, I have been using Hauppauge TV Tuner card for OTA TV but during the signal testing step, WMD indicates it will test signal for Ceton, and WMD listed Hauppauge TV tuner as other available tuner.
Have gone through multiple reboots and reinstall of Ceton driver and update driver etc but no help.
Any suggestion please? Thank you!

smassey22180

Post by smassey22180 » Thu Sep 04, 2014 4:40 pm

Long shot but did you uninstall the Hauppauge software? I had to uninstall my previous tuner's software before things connected.

great4702

Post by great4702 » Sat Sep 06, 2014 8:01 pm

Thank you for the information. Hauppauge TV tuner was OEM installed and there is no 3rd party software that I know of in my PC. So I did disable it from Device Manager and tried to TV signal testing again but no luck... getting the same message of my TV hardware is stopped working. Again, Ceton diag all green... I did take the card out of slot too see if this would make any difference but no help either.
I have been exchanging e-mails with Ceton help line, their first response was to run “WinSAT Formal”, which made thing one step backward, WMC never recognized Ceton tuner at all, contacted them again, they said to run c:\windows\ehome\ehprivjob /OCURUnregister and c:\windows\ehome\ehprivjob.exe /OCURDiscovery /ex. This only made WMC correctly recognize Ceton 6 tuners but never resolve the issue of "TV tuner stopped working" while Ceton diag is all green.
I have spent 5 days and still no luck. I am almost at the stage of retuning the card for refund... Any help is much appreciated please!!!

great4702

Post by great4702 » Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:55 pm

After four e-mail exchanges over 8 days, finally Ceton help line pinpointed where the issue was. It was Internet Connection Sharing under network adaptor setting that "Allow other users to connect throught this computer's Internet connection" has to be unchecked.
Hope this would help some other folks with same issue.