Dual tunner recognized but not fully functional in WMC

Tobywithay

HTPC Specs: Show details

Dual tunner recognized but not fully functional in WMC

Post by Tobywithay » Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:52 pm

I have an ASUS My Cinema dual tunner that can receive two digital signals. WMC recognizes both tunners but will not let me record two channels or watch one and record another. I have gone thru settings and have found nothing to fix the issue. My card did not come with anything, so I am wondering if the software that should have been included ran separately from WMC or if it was an add-on.

dotbatman

Post by dotbatman » Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:23 pm

Is this your tuner: http://www.asus.com/Multimedia/My_CinemaP7131_Hybrid/ ?

If so, your tuner is a Hybrid, not a dual tuner. It can only tune one digital channel at a time or one analog channel at a time. It can not tune two channels at the same time. If you'd like that functionality, you can get an HVR-2250, Duet, or HDHomeRun Dual.

Tobywithay

Post by Tobywithay » Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:18 pm

dotbatman wrote:Is this your tuner: http://www.asus.com/Multimedia/My_CinemaP7131_Hybrid/ ?

If so, your tuner is a Hybrid, not a dual tuner. It can only tune one digital channel at a time or one analog channel at a time. It can not tune two channels at the same time. If you'd like that functionality, you can get an HVR-2250, Duet, or HDHomeRun Dual.
It is not that card, it is a MY CINEMA-EHC3-150/NAQ/FM/AV/RC. WMC recognizes 2 digital tunners and one anolog tunner.

gbwelly

Post by gbwelly » Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:21 pm

It seems to have have two connectors at the back, you may have to feed each tuner it's own signal.
Under Edit Channel, edit sources and untick one of the tuners, then try and view the channel. If it works edit again and more the tick to the other tuner, this will allow you to narrow down the cause. If the preceeding test indicates a particular tuner isn't working, and you are only using one aerial connector, try swapping it and see if the tuner springs into life.

Tobywithay

Post by Tobywithay » Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:41 pm

Thank you both for your help. After getting with ASUS, I learned that this card is unable to record 2 channels.