What's the cause for the PCIe to disappear?

Ask fellow members about Ceton's infiniTV tuners here.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
kd6icz

HTPC Specs: Show details

What's the cause for the PCIe to disappear?

Post by kd6icz » Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:28 am

I figure it must have something to do with the virtual ethernet driver but how do I prevent it from happening? It seems to only happen when I'm configured for use with both my ETH and PCIe. If I just have the PCIe configured it doesn't have issues.

I should mention this can happen while watching live TV or while idle. If watching live TV, Media Center will go dark for a couple of minutes and then farm out the task to the ETH tuner and resume play. But of you look at the diagnostic tool the PCIe is not listed.

JohnW248

Post by JohnW248 » Fri Aug 22, 2014 2:57 am

Can you still see the network adapter? (Network & Sharing/change adapter) What IP addresses do the PCIe and the ETH have?
If you can still see the network adapter try to disable and enable it and see if the tuner is found.
The default IP address of the PCIe should be 192.168.200.1. If you set-up network tuners with it at some point that might be something to deactivate.

kd6icz

Post by kd6icz » Sun Aug 24, 2014 7:03 pm

Ok. I finally got to the PC to see if the adapter is there. It is but it says "Disabled". I will see if I can re-enable it.

kd6icz

Post by kd6icz » Sun Dec 21, 2014 3:32 am

I don't get it. It works great for a couple of months then it won't work for more than 10 minutes at a time. Any ideas what causes the PCIe to just disappear? I haven't changed a thing and haven't done any updates.

kd6icz

Post by kd6icz » Sun Dec 21, 2014 9:10 pm

Ok. So I've figured out what causes this issue. I accidentally hit the switch on my power strip that caused my router to turn off. I remember this happening before and the PCIe 6 flipping out for a few days. That points to an IP issue. Is there a way to just assign a static IP to the InfiniTV so it doesn't care what my router is doing?

erkotz

Post by erkotz » Mon Dec 22, 2014 8:49 pm

Do you have your InfiniTV 6 PCIe "bridged"? Given your router is affecting things, it sounds like you do. If so, this is an untested (and unsupported) configuration.
Quality Assurance Manager, Ceton Corporation

kd6icz

Post by kd6icz » Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:50 pm

erkotz wrote:Do you have your InfiniTV 6 PCIe "bridged"? Given your router is affecting things, it sounds like you do. If so, this is an untested (and unsupported) configuration.
If I have it bridged, it's not on purpose. How do I know? Or how do I disable it?